There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

A4 Photo Paper

Im looking to purchase some A4 photo paper, iv used Canon Photo Glossy Plus, i think its called, for my 4x6 prints, which have come out really well. Can anyone recommend me some A4 paper for my final prints?

Printer is a Canon iP4000 if that helps.

I use Konica/Minolta Premium Inkjet Photo Paper (all sizes) for the majority of my work. I have an Epson 2000P printer, and have had a lot of smudging problems with the (recommended) Epson line of papers. As this is what I do for a living, it matters to get it right with as little fuss as possibe. I highly recommend this stuff. It also claims to be water resistant, but I wouldn't want to test this 'feature'!. One last thing... it's also less expensive than the Epson paper... a bonus! :yes:

I use Konica/Minolta Premium Inkjet Photo Paper (all sizes) for the majority of my work. I have an Epson 2000P printer, and have had a lot of smudging problems with the (recommended) Epson line of papers. As this is what I do for a living, it matters to get it right with as little fuss as possibe. I highly recommend this stuff. It also claims to be water resistant, but I wouldn't want to test this 'feature'!. One last thing... it's also less expensive than the Epson paper... a bonus! :yes:

Would it be possible to link me to a UK site which sells it?

Would it be possible to link me to a UK site which sells it?

I would Google Calumet or B&H Photo/Video. I know that Calumet has an international website, so try that. These are the venders that I deal with here in the US. I just checked... Calumet has 13 retail locations in the UK, as well as on line sales. I hit the first link when I Google'd 'Calumet'. Good luck... :yes:

I have to update my post... I just found out this morning that Konica/Minolta announced this AM that they are getting out of the Photo business. So, based on the post above me, I'm gonna try the Ilford Gallerie Professsional GLOSSY InkJet paper. I have to download the ICC profiles and test the stuff out. I'll get back to this thread later (tuday, hopefully) with my results. It's funny, but if I didn't follow this thead, I might not have found out about the Konica/Minolta situation this soon. :cool:

I had a chance to work with the Ilford Galerie Glossy paper, and I give it high marks. I used the downloaded ICC profile, and still prefer to let Photoshop manage the colors. Your setup might be different, so run a few tests of your own, but you WILL need to fine tune your setup. As for the paper itself, it has clean base, with no real tint to speak of. Calumet stocks this, so availablity should not be a problem. (Back in my darkroom days, I used Ilford B&W papers exclusivly, it's nice to know that the non-silver variety lives up to the 'old' standards). :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pack of Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Paper (25 sheets) it was buy 1 get 1 free so i couldnt pass on it....

Been printing on it and its really nice :)

Epson seems to constantly win the tests in the magazines over here. Their ultimate stuff goes well through my Photo R300.

My experience is that the Epson printers are tops... The ink is the best, but the line of papers (to me) suck. I couldn't get rid of an awful greenish cast (the actual paper base), so I switched to Konica/Minolta papers. I was disappointed about the Konica situation. So I now am happy to recommend Ilford Galerie papers. I also use Legion Digital Art papers for 'Museum' or archival printing. I also have found that the ICC profiles downloaded are not always the best. Experiment w/ your own setup... what works for one guy, might not for another. :yes: