Twilight Princess delayed! Again!

Reggie has just confirmed on Spike TV that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has been delayed until fall. My guess is that the rumors about Zelda utilizing the Revolution controller are true. I am almost positive of it. Personally I think this is good news but man thats a long ways away. Reggie also confirmed that Zelda: Twilight Princess is still a GameCube game and that the Revolution will be coming out this year. When asked when he simply stated "Wait for my speech on May 9th". Also confirmed that pricing details will be released at E3 and the regular DS model will be phased out completely with the launch of the DS: Lite.

Source: Click, Click

All I can say is: :cry:

But I guess we can just keep hoping they're adding in Revolution support and a more polished game. But then again, we've been saying that since October last year. :wacko:

Wow. I was pretty content with a Spring/Summer release (kind of like Wind Waker) as I really wanted to have a lot of time to tear into this game. We all know what fall means: November. And I'm always extremely busy in November, as are many people.

Part of me is extremely angry, and its their fault they waited so long to release the game on a dying system and now they want to make it compatible for Revolution, their next system. But part of me is fine with the delay. I want them to take all the time they need to make the perfect Zelda game that can top OoT. Wind Waker was a huge disappointment in my eyes (gameplay wise) and I don't want that to happen again. I still play OoT to this day.

Oh well, l I have a ton of back catalogue games to play that I want to get out of the way first.

I've had my pre-order for well over a year so I don't really care as long as they deliver and surpass OOT. I don't think they are adding Revolution support, that one magazine article was pretty much speculating that the controller would work with it, but I think Nintendo said offical that is not the case.

I'm more interested in that part where the DS Lite is replacing the original DS in the States. I wonder if this means we could get it at the exact same $129 price.

I'm more interested in that part where the DS Lite is replacing the original DS in the States. I wonder if this means we could get it at the exact same $129 price.

That would be the logic thing, and I hope it does happen.

I don't see how Fall is a delay when Nintendo has said 'It will be released in 2006 after our Fiscal Year has ended'. Reggie is simply Narrowing down the time line.

It's either late October or Early November. I bet it's First Week of November.

I don't see how Fall is a delay when Nintendo has said 'It will be released in 2006 after our Fiscal Year has ended'. Reggie is simply Narrowing down the time line.

It's either late October or Early November. I bet it's First Week of November.

That's about the release date for Revo. Before Thanksgiving. I don't see how this doesn't scream some sort of connection between the two..

One can only hope...

Well sad but figures, the last few Zelda Games on non-handhelds have been released in Nov. The release suits me to a T purely as its just before Xmas and well it,ll be cold outside so I can stay warm inside hopefully swinging my arms about like a nutter and gettin nice and warm.

' date='Feb 19 2006, 20:48' post='587217229']

Well, most retailers were giving us the impression of a Q1 or Q2 release.

That's probably where we get the idea of a 'delay' from.

Which is exactly why retailers are (as a whole, I have been a retailer myself ;)) newbies who just state what's on their screen, and never follow up with the words 'However, that date is subject to change at anytime'. While I was hoping for an April release date, I never really expected any type of date. However, November was on one of my date cards.

THat sucks, I don't have a GC but my uncle does was hopeing it would come out sooner so I can play it at his house. Nov is soooooo long away :cry:. I've see the gameplay and i'm reallly intrested in it.

I know this is off topic but...Ruiz whos that girl in your sig and avatar :laugh:

THat sucks, I don't have a GC but my uncle does was hopeing it would come out sooner so I can play it at his house. Nov is soooooo long away :cry:. I've see the gameplay and i'm reallly intrested in it.

I know this is off topic but...Ruiz whos that girl in your sig and avatar :laugh:

Pray that Nintendo will show off the TP demo again near your area.

...Because I am ;) Played it once, and wanna play it again to get the extra stuff ;)

They should give something to people who pre-ordered the game. We have to wait this long and its getting boring. I wish they gace one of those Zelda collectors discs or some disc with Revolution info(but nooooo, Reggie wont give info away).

That's about the release date for Revo. Before Thanksgiving. I don't see how this doesn't scream some sort of connection between the two..

One can only hope...

Nintendo would be stupid not to release it near the Revolution launch. They have the possiblity of having a Zelda game that could surpass OOT, why squander it by releasing it months ahead of the Revolution?

I'm fine wit this delay. Frankly I saw it coming as I'm sure others did but still held on to some hope of a spring release. I am sure all this wait will make it an even better game and perhaps game of the year.

But if they delay it one more time...I'm gonna go crazy.

why isnt this a revolution launch title again? :p

cant wait, talk about building up anticipation nintendo

Because the Revolution Controller gives you a completely different gameplay experience to that of the Gamecube controller. Not only that, but this game's puzzles, engine, mechanics, EVERYTHING was built around the Gamecube controller. Forcing this to work on the Revo with such a short period of time can make this game be utlimately the WORST Zelda game of all time.

Besides, porting it to Revo is basically giving 19 Million People the biggest **** you on the planet. You can also play this game on the Revo because of the backwards compatibility. So, there's loads of downsides for it being exclusive to Revo, and the only thing that's a downside for it being on the GCN is the graphical capabilites.

Well, they delayed the crap out of Ocarina of Time, and that turned out good.

If it means getting a few more dungeons, I'm all up for the wait. I mean, I've waited this long, what's another 7ish months?