Windows Media Player 11 BETA

I Was just wondering if the Windows Media player 11 BETA for XP will come out for the plubic durning the February CTP. if not when is the date for the XP Beta of Media player 11?

Thanks in advance :)

I doubt that this will be a public beta, but Microsoft are still adamant that the WMP11 Beta will arrive "some time in February".... however with basically 10 days to go, I don't think they'll make that.

It is, but not to the plubic, only MSDN and Microsoft Tech net subcribers have the curent betas

No, it has not been up for MSDN or tech net also. Otherwise reviews screenies would have been up everywhere. Even Paul does not have anything on it.

And the first beta shall be a public beta i guess. Thats how it has always been

Man I thought the beta was out or something !

I thought the public BETA was out. :unsure:

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowspaulthu...rott_46537.html

Exclusive: WMP 11 to Be Major Release; Beta This November

Microsoft's original plans for Windows Media Player (WMP) 11--formerly code-named Aurora--were fairly low-key, with just a few minor new features. That's all changed: Microsoft has canceled Aurora, and the company is moving the Longhorn media player to XP. Now code-named Polaris, WMP 11 will be a major release. There's just one problem: Instead of shipping in November, as per the original plan, WMP 11 will now ship in a public beta during that month, coinciding with Longhorn Beta 2. The final release is roughly scheduled for early 2006. You heard it here first.

what I don't understand is what is the wmp 11 gonna look like in xp. Because in vista the whole bottom half is glass and xp doesn't support that.

if you remember the Septemeber and october 2005 Bulids of vista, media player 11 didnt have glass. my guess is that thats what the XP verson may look like.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowspaulthu...rott_46537.html

Exclusive: WMP 11 to Be Major Release; Beta This November

Microsoft's original plans for Windows Media Player (WMP) 11--formerly code-named Aurora--were fairly low-key, with just a few minor new features. That's all changed: Microsoft has canceled Aurora, and the company is moving the Longhorn media player to XP. Now code-named Polaris, WMP 11 will be a major release. There's just one problem: Instead of shipping in November, as per the original plan, WMP 11 will now ship in a public beta during that month, coinciding with Longhorn Beta 2. The final release is roughly scheduled for early 2006. You heard it here first.

well, at that time vista was still Longhorn. and the Media player 11 look was first shown in around September 05 and its already Feb 06, and still no BETA of media player 11. or even the plubic BETA of Vista.

My friend at MS claims that they will release a beta for xp but not anytime soon as it's dependent on avalon and indigo and you need stable builds of them on xp first before thinking about releasing a beta of WMP11.