Windows Media Player 11 BETA

My friend at MS claims that they will release a beta for xp but not anytime soon as it's dependent on avalon and indigo and you need stable builds of them on xp first before thinking about releasing a beta of WMP11.

Im not sure what your friend is talking about because the xp version of wmp11 will not be dependant on avalon or indigo.

I got in touch with Paul Thurrott a few days ago and this is what he said about a February public release:

That should be a public beta. I haven't had an update on WMP 11 in a while, but I assume it's still happening this month.

Paul

I sure hope so, cause media player 10 is geting a bit old, i forgot if it was relased in 2005 or 2004. still a good player, but i like to get the latest tech stuff. i guess you can say i am a tech geek :woot: LOL

Well I heard that the February CTP is delayed, till at least tomorow ( 2.22.2006) maybe tomorow ( wednesday) we will get the media player 11 BETA

i do hope it comes out tomorrow or i will go crazy

i haven't used windows media player for years....i too would like to check the new version out...but unless they have changed the way the player deals with playlists and organization i won't use it....

i haven't used windows media player for years....i too would like to check the new version out...but unless they have changed the way the player deals with playlists and organization i won't use it....

heres some info that might be helpfull to you:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/expe...tgenplayer.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/comm...ediaplayer.mspx

even though its on the windows vista site, I think most of the features will be in the Media player 11 XP , expcet the search features, ( it might come with a search feature, dont know why not, but not as intense of the search in Vista Media player and may be a few other features, such as the glass efects wont be in the XP player

Edited by Tech_Kid_2006

Keep in mind they said a while back that Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 and Windows Media Player 11 Beta for XP would come out with beta 2 of Vista. We already have beta 2 of Internet Explorer 7. I wouldn't be surprised if WMP 11 comes out sometime this week. There will definitely be a Feb. Vista CTP just prolly on the last day of the month :laugh: