Windows Media Player 11 BETA

Keep in mind they said a while back that Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 and Windows Media Player 11 Beta for XP would come out with beta 2 of Vista. We already have beta 2 of Internet Explorer 7. I wouldn't be surprised if WMP 11 comes out sometime this week. There will definitely be a Feb. Vista CTP just prolly on the last day of the month :laugh:

We only have the preview of IE7 Beta 2, so potentially you might have to wait a little bit longer if WMP11 Beta should appear along with IE Beta 2 :D

i think its delayed till the April CTP, when the vista BETA 2 plubic CTP comes out, and thats when we might also get the other products in BETA microsoft is planing to come out,

MP 11 in Vista's Feb CTP still doesn't support iTunes .m4a files (the non drm ones). Actually was looking forward to using MP11 and MCE, but i'm not reripping 80% of my library back to mp3.

one feature i'd like to see in Media player 11, is surport for ALL media file types, audio and video, such as Apple and real player files, I know apple and real are from diferent compneys, but it would be nice to have a player that can surport ALL files so we wont have to open bunch of diferent media players, we could just have one player, that can play all,

one feature i'd like to see in Media player 11, is surport for ALL media file types, audio and video, such as Apple and real player files, I know apple and real are from diferent compneys, but it would be nice to have a player that can surport ALL files so we wont have to open bunch of diferent media players, we could just have one player, that can play all,

Tried VLC or Media Player Classic with Real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative?

MS used to support Quicktime and Realplayer codecs until they got sued. Wish they would allow you to buy a codec for use in WMP.

Who would want to buy a codec when there are free alternatives?

Tried VLC or Media Player Classic with Real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative?

It's not a big deal for me, right now, if the codics in media player 10 dont surport Real and quicktime, or even itunes, , cause i can just use the player from apple or real, i am just saying for media player 11, since its a brand new verson, bulit from the ground up, that it should include apple quicktime, apple itunes and Real player codics,

'cept the bottom won't be black. It's only black because the WMP team haven't gotten around to providing the alternative (as it is on the other shot here of the skin), if DwmIsEnabled(..) returns false. We'll get a better background, but the UI will probably be the same.

The beta 2 concepts for WMP11 look much better than these, though - a nice cool steel blue, looks very professional :)

Heres what I think the Media player 11 for XP might look like:

post-123716-1140916977_thumb.jpg

This screen shot came from the September 2005 PDC bulid of vista, but the look in this screenshot, might be the one in the XP media player 11

'cept the bottom won't be black. It's only black because the WMP team haven't gotten around to providing the alternative (as it is on the other shot here of the skin), if DwmIsEnabled(..) returns false. We'll get a better background, but the UI will probably be the same.

The beta 2 concepts for WMP11 look much better than these, though - a nice cool steel blue, looks very professional :)

Well it kind of looks like he, used paint and painted the middle and media bar black. cause if you look at the eddges, you cansee rough eddges.

Well, basic mp4 and m4a compatibility is enabled with WMP after installing Nero. There's an mpeg4 codec installed by default.

I believe there are a number of codecs which will allow playback of aac in WP10, but none of them to date support reading of the embedded album covers. I dunno why we need third party apps for this.... this functionally should be included in WP11 be default.

it would be nice to see a beta of WMP11 but i doubt it.....

from what i used in build 5308 it looked very promising and i liked the album views :D

heres hoping

Wish there was a way to get WMP to read/edit tags from an m4a file.

Check out the WMP Tag Extender at http://wmptagext.sourceforge.net/index.html

It reads m4a tags, but does not allow editing yet. It also supports ape, mpc, ogg, and others. Check it out.

I never understood why everyone gripes about WMP not supporting real, quicktime, or any other format by default. WMP has always been extensible. The above link is one example. I play all my ape, mpc, ogg, and mp3 files in WMP easily. Also, all those files are in my Media Library with tags. I can watch quicktime and real movies, but I prefer Media Player Classic for those two. The Batman skin had some cool effects, but most skins look cool, but are terrible for actual use. I love where WMP 11 is heading and hope that they will include most features with XP version.

The only major problem WMP has comes from the media developer community. To them it is all about foobar or winamp.

First of all: for all those begging for the beta: it will be out when it's out. I rather have them work a little more on the beta before they release it to the testers instead of releasing it quickly.

Secondly: I hope WMP 11 for XP will NOT look like the one in Vista Beta, with those buttons at the top because I personally think it doesn't belong in Windows XP. I have the public beta for IE 7 installed on XP and it still feels like something that just doesn't belong in XP.

Thirdly: what's with Microsoft and releasing updates for their existing products? It took 5 years before a new version of IE was made, it took 2/3 years before a new WMP was released,.. They are a huge company and each product has got a whole team after it and yet it takes for a lot of them quite some time before they deliver a new one :/.