Windows Media Player 11 BETA

The mixing of the icons sucks because they don't match, but I'm all for better, updated software for an OS I already own :)

Yeah, I agree. Ie 7 and WMP 11 for XP is all I'm up for slipstreaming in the XP SP2 CD.

(Can those 2 even BE slipstreamed? :unsure: )

The mixing of the icons sucks because they don't match, but I'm all for better, updated software for an OS I already own :)

Yeah, I agree. Ie 7 and WMP 11 for XP is all I'm up for slipstreaming in the XP SP2 CD.

It's not only the icons, it's the feel it has. Just doesn't belong in Windows XP imo :no:

Nice double post in one! (Don't know how to call it...)

How did you achieve to do that :omg: ???

idk, you know microsoft, they delay everything, but they are making it better, just like with Vista ( then Longhorn) was sposto come out in 2002, then 2004, then 2006, even one time i heard 2007, but I'm glad its comming out in 2ed half of 2006 ( this year!!!)

Wasn't WMP11 final due out by the end of this month? Cutting it close, aren't they?

I thought they wanted to release it to Windows Vista only at first. Only afterwards they decided to release it to Windows XP too. So I doubt the final would have been released this month.

Nice double post in one! (Don't know how to call it...)

How did you achieve to do that :omg: ???

im guessing it has something to do with the 'refreshing' code red drink....whatever the f that is.....

Man it is almost march and they still didnt release a public beta... i think its coming iwht the April CTp build of vista. or at the same time as when WLM 566 is goin to be released!

Man it is almost march and they still didnt release a public beta... i think its coming iwht the April CTp build of vista. or at the same time as when WLM 566 is goin to be released!

Lol I can promise you that WLM .566 will be released either today or tomorrow. As for WMP11, I haven't had an update on that in about a month now :rolleyes:. I just hope the project hasn't died or something :|

Well having tried the February CTP and playing around with Vista's WMP11 as it is, I'd say I'm a little relieved that it hasn't come out yet, on hindsight. It's a little bit too buggy at the moment, I found, for even general use.

Just my 2 Cents!

Does anyone know how and if WMP11 will handle/support "podcasts"? I mean, they have to get on the bandwagon and not ignore the whole thing because it has the name "pod" in it...

So does anyone know?

RSS? XML feeds? :blink: :unsure:

Does anyone know how and if WMP11 will handle/support "podcasts"? I mean, they have to get on the bandwagon and not ignore the whole thing because it has the name "pod" in it...

So does anyone know?

RSS? XML feeds? :blink: :unsure:

From watching the channel 9 video a while back, there were no plans to add rss feed support to WP11. May have changed since then. As you said they'd be stupid to ignore it. However they are doing a great of job of ignoring the aac files (non DRM ones) preferred by apple. Still no support for them in the last CTP of vista. So don't hold your breath!

I wonder if WMP11 for XP will enable Media Center (2005) to cope with a reasonable anount of music without grinding to a halt...

I dont see why not, Media center 2005 is like the last verson of XP they made, and if they didnt include this feature in media player 11 XP then i dont know why not

I can't believe the beta isn't out yet, we all expected it in Feb, its almost the middle of March now and no word when :( Oh well, as each new WMP comes out it just adds newer DRM (restrictions). Just my point of view on it.