Sony PlayStation 2 Good Deal?

is it new?

does it have a warranty etc?

if so, its a great deal.. but you never know, it could be broken, or tempremental.

Personnally, i wouls rather save a little more and buy one from somewhere that can offer a warranty.

Have you tried "game", they offer pre-owned stuff, but it DOES come with a warranty.

In my experience, the PS2 is generally rather unreliable; I'd be very careful when buying a second hand model. Once you've factored in a couple of controllers and a memory card, you're looking closer to ?100... http://www.komplett.co.uk have the Silver Slim PS2 + 2 Controllers + Memory Card, Brand New for ?129, that's a better deal and a safer bet in my eyes.

Is it the old large type or the newer, small version?

The old-type.

In my experience, the PS2 is generally rather unreliable; I'd be very careful when buying a second hand model. Once you've factored in a couple of controllers and a memory card, you're looking closer to ?100... http://www.komplett.co.uk have the Silver Slim PS2 + 2 Controllers + Memory Card, Brand New for ?129, that's a better deal and a safer bet in my eyes.

?130 for an old console is too mu:/ :/

The old-type.

?130 for an old console is too much://

I agree, I'm still reeling from paying ?300 for the shoddiest piece of hardware I've ever bought back in the day... I dumped my PS2 for various reasons, but have recently quite fancied getting one again. I'm waiting for the inevitable price cut though, since the machine's so old now, it doesn't really matter if I play the games I missed now or in a few months.

Well ?63 is quite a crap price to me really, especially if it has no control pads aswell as that will set you back ?10-15 making it at least ?73.

You can get a new slimline ps2 in gamestation with a game for ?105 and you get a control pad aswell, and a built in network adapter if you wish to play any games online (?18-25 for the old model as an add on), oh and you get a one year warranty aswell.

Personally with electronics I prefer to get brand new from a reputable company as then at least you have someone to take it back to for replacement or refund. What happens if it just stops working? You want be able to replace it like you would one under warranty.