February CTP Build 5308.17

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/2/20/2932

February 21, 2006 was supposed to bring a new Community Technology Preview (CTP) of Windows Vista. As it turns out, the new CTP will most likely be released later in the week instead of Tuesday. The rumor is that it can be expected on Friday or Saturday, and that the build will be numbered 5308.

Last December, Microsoft deemed Vista Build 5270 as the "partner CTP." Microsoft is calling the forthcoming CTP the "enterprise CTP." One interesting point about the CTP expected this week is that it should install on top of Windows XP and hopefully also install in Virtual PC. There is also a chance that the February CTP will contain the Sidebar, which as the name states is a floating bar containing gadgets (mini-applications) that resides on the side of your desktop.

Talking with Paul Donnelly, Build 5308 will will most likely not hit tommorow. He told me that they were really harding on fixing as many bugs as they can, so beta testers can enjoy the new build. I would not be expecting the build tommorow, or Wednesday.

Talking with Paul Donnelly, Build 5308 will will most likely not hit tommorow. He told me that they were really harding on fixing as many bugs as they can, so beta testers can enjoy the new build. I would not be expecting the build tommorow, or Wednesday.

You talk of tomorrow or Wednesday but the tomorrow you refer to is actually today for the large majority of sane people in a vast amount of time zones. Typo or you've just gone completely insane?

While Microsoft officials had told its core of elite beta testers to expect the next Windows Vista milestone on Tuesday, February 21,

:laugh: You should meet half of their elite beta testers then see if you agree with that term

This post says look at me, I have Paul Donnelly on my Messenger list. :rolleyes:

*snip*

:pinch: :rolleyes:

Edited by xxdesmus

I hope you know that is a flame. I'm not showing off. I was stating a fact.

Not trying to argue or anything, I'm staying unbias, but, why bold his name...?

Sorry for taking the topic - offtopic.

FPS Wolverine...why bold his name if you're just stating a fact...you were bolding his name to show off ...there really is no reason otherwise.

Back on topic shall we? I apologize, I was wrong. ...moving along.

I will...have 5259 and 5270, waiting on 5308.11 :laugh:

mate...please keep your warez to yourself, we don't discuss what you have illegally obtained. :pinch: