February CTP Build 5308.17

This is what happens when dumb people start posting on threads... They have no Idea of what to talk about, so they find the smallest mistake or typo or whatever else goes through their insane and boring mind and start hasseling the other with their stupid comments... wasn't it about the February CTP? and why do you care if he bolds the name or not? stupid arguments with no sence at all. For God sake! :no:

I do have a problem with people this kind..... :crazy: It doesn't make it any interesting to be posting on interesting threads once they start posting their cr...stuff.... :no:

The latest anticipated release from Microsoft - Its February CTP Build 5308.winmain_idx01 - was originally due out today, but after the need for another recompile they have pushed back the release until tomorrow. This build includes many new features, including the Windows Sidebar, and is the first publically available feature complete build.

Further updates on this topic will be available via our sources blog, cited below.

Source: Blog.Utaks.Net

Really when it leaves? today, tomorrow, Friday or Saturday?

Going to be 99% feature complete, the rest is UI that will be debuted when it hits RTM. Although I personally think most of the UI is final, it's just the theme they are holding back on for obvious reasons...

I hope you're right.

Same here. I hope Microsoft is actually THINKING and not showing us the final theme/UI yet. If what they're showing now is final, then by the time Vista RTM comes we'll have this look that is already familiar to all of us, cuz of all the themes based on vista for xp =| ... Vista wouldn't even feel fresh and new, either.

But oh well, I guess we'll see :yes:

I don't want this theme!!!! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll cry a river, I want a different theme, My birthday is December 22 and there saying that vista is being released december 1st, I hope there is a different theme ESPCEIALLY I HAVE A BAD GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX400) THAT DOESNT SUPPORT AERO GLASS ND I HATE REGULAR AERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope vista has a new theme and the performance is solid, i hope vista has 2 themes!!!!

a secret theme there workin on right now will be cool, i just love that vista flag....

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh

More news:

Thurrott: Windows Vista February CTP Imminent

Microsoft will announce Wednesday that it has finalized the Windows Vista February 2006 Community Technical Preview (CTP), which will be provided to beta testers. The February CTP, or build 5308, is the first feature-complete version of Windows Vista to be released to testers.

The Windows Vista February CTP was originally set for release on February 17, 2006. However, an x64 driver bug delayed the release until this week. Vista team members reportedly worked around the clock for the past week in order to ensure that this build is of the highest possible quality. In addition to numerous new features, the February CTP will feature dramatically better driver support, new deployment tools, and better fit and finish than the previous CTP, which shipped in December 2005.

Last weekend, Microsoft inadvertently posted documents to its Web site describing various Windows Vista product editions. These product editions correspond to the product editions I first wrote about in September 2005. According to sources, the February CTP may be made available in various product edition versions. Previously, only the Vista Ultimate edition had been made available to testers.

Source: Paul Thurrott's WinInformant

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowspaulthu...rott_49460.html

I don't want this theme!!!! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll cry a river, I want a different theme, My birthday is December 22 and there saying that vista is being released december 1st, I hope there is a different theme ESPCEIALLY I HAVE A BAD GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX400) THAT DOESNT SUPPORT AERO GLASS ND I HATE REGULAR AERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I hate run-on sentences (hard to read) and too many bouncing smilies.

Talking with Paul Donnelly, Build 5308 will will most likely not hit tommorow. He told me that they were really harding on fixing as many bugs as they can, so beta testers can enjoy the new build. I would not be expecting the build tommorow, or Wednesday.

Donnelly was also telling people the activewin 5308 screenshot was fake. who are you going to believe? :rolleyes:

From what I heard, they had to recompile the whole build. I think they should just take their time to make it as stable as possible. We don't want another Windows ME ...

:spam: "lets hope mirosoft takes down that aero regular theme nd gets a better one for bad graphics cards!"

Yeah, if the 2 odd dozen or so smilies didn't make that apparent, the crappy english did.

u ppl better :pc: (get punched by ur pc if u ever install 5270 again, its EVIL)

sorry about this.. havent tested that version of vista.. but what was wrong with it?.. well what was wrong with it for you to rate it so badly? ;)