February CTP Build 5308.17

Is it available? Where can i download it? :beer: :pc: :D

Neowin post today: Microsoft yesterday invited press to a conference call at 6:30pm GMT today to talk about the Windows Vista development process. It's expected that shortly after the conference Microsoft will announce the availability of the February CTP.

And...

You can download Vista Feb CTP in msdn or ms conect sites, if you are beta tester.

Geezus Christ, kids. Good things happen to those who waits.

Yes, I've been eager to see this coming, heck, me and my friend has been checking our MSDN area every freaking 2 hours. It will comes out when it's ready. We've been waiting more than a month for this, I'm sure you kids can wait a few hours to a couple of days :/.

As for technology, I Was able to install Build 5270 on a 2 year old laptop and it actually ran fine. Heh heh. Barely, just had to manually install the drivers. Oh that was a lot of fun.

Last month I JUST got a brand new laptop (See signature for spec), and spent it with my own money. :/ So for those who whined/moaned/complained about having an "outdated computer, here's an idea. Get A JOB. This is how I got this laptop, this is how I Got my last laptop, this is how I built my baby, Nume.

Holy crap I Spent almost 2.5 grands on computers in the last 12 months. Didn't even think of that till now.

Ready and waiting.

Looking forward to this build today. Can't wait to install this fresh one on my Celeron650 laptop w/ S3 Savage 8Meg video and 384meg of ram.

Do I love the classic theme? Damn skippy I do. (Not much choice on my beloved laptop though, tbh)

Every build sofar has gone on my lowly laptop. While they haven't been as speedy as XP yet, they are quite usable and they are improving. I am hoping this 5308 build will be another big step.

Geezus Christ, kids. Good things happen to those who waits.

Yes, I've been eager to see this coming, heck, me and my friend has been checking our MSDN area every freaking 2 hours. It will comes out when it's ready. We've been waiting more than a month for this, I'm sure you kids can wait a few hours to a couple of days :/.

As for technology, I Was able to install Build 5270 on a 2 year old laptop and it actually ran fine. Heh heh. Barely, just had to manually install the drivers. Oh that was a lot of fun.

Last month I JUST got a brand new laptop (See signature for spec), and spent it with my own money. :/ So for those who whined/moaned/complained about having an "outdated computer, here's an idea. Get A JOB. This is how I got this laptop, this is how I Got my last laptop, this is how I built my baby, Nume.

Holy crap I Spent almost 2.5 grands on computers in the last 12 months. Didn't even think of that till now.

Ready and waiting.

I hope you're not expecting that laptop to do glass. Radeon 200M is not DX9 AFAIK.

To be honest, I don't really care about the glass. When I got Miaka II, I wasn't happy about the way ATI Radeon Xpress would work, having that it sharing with Ram Memory and all. all I can say is Oh well, it's certainly WAY better than my older laptop, for sure.

I wasn't very keen about Glass anyway. I saw the effect on my Desktop, while it's really cool, it's really resource demanding so it's one of the first thing I disabled.

Anyone tested last version of CPT with Travelmate 8104 ?

(ATI x700 Mobility 128Mb, Realteck HD Audio, Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit, Intel Wifi 2915)

Just to know which hard will work and which will not

Do we know if Microsoft are planning to invite any more testers in to the beta scheme this time around? I am sure I read on one of the more recent chat transcripts that they were planning to "widen the availability" of this particular CTP release.

Anyone tested last version of CPT with Travelmate 8104 ?

(ATI x700 Mobility 128Mb, Realteck HD Audio, Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit, Intel Wifi 2915)

Just to know which hard will work and which will not

I have an Aspire 1692wlmi with similar hardware and it worked flawlessly :) enjoy your build today like me ;)

Do we know if Microsoft are planning to invite any more testers in to the beta scheme this time around? I am sure I read on one of the more recent chat transcripts that they were planning to "widen the availability" of this particular CTP release.

I don't know about this build, but rumors seems to say that the next CTP will be the public beta.

BTW. I installed Vista 5270 on my two year old laptop(whom I sold to a friend) a few months ago and it worked pretty good (As I said in my earlier post)

Spec:

Pentium M 1.5 ghz

Ram 2x256

HDD 40 GB

Video: ATI Radeon 32 MB

And the fact that it worked made me laugh o_O. I just couldn't believe it. Though it barely worked.

Good god man, thats exactly what I hate aswell. All of these kids (16-18 years old) that have a >$500 GFX cards and don't deserve them. I'm stuck with a Geforce 2 MX here aswell, but dammit I love the thing to death. Served me well for years and years, when the time comes a nice 7800GTX or high end card will be bought with money from WORK.

As far as the other sub-topic is concerned -that being that spoilt kid who wants a better computer, I am glad to see that we are all men of work, and try to EARN what we want, rather than ask it from someone. I am now 21 years old, and I built my system two years ago, working as a computer technician without a relevant degree, full 8 hours a day for... 300 euros/month. So I saved up for three months and spent it all on my pc, and damn it was worth it. It is still state of the art -kinda :whistle: .

I'll do ya one better. I still got a fully functioning Voodoo 2 sli setup. I used that for years before I plunged and upgraded everything. The old pc is now a *nix box for playing with. As a kid, I was given somethings because my parents wanted me to have them. Others, I had to get it the old fashioned way, working for it.

Glad you all agree with me :D . I can't understand why people sometimes like to have something, paying for it with money that is not earned by you or something that can be put to better use and not feel any remorse or guilt :blink: ? I mean, I feel guilty if I have to ask my parents for money to get something insignificant that would be better use on something that is essential. Doesn't anyone feel proud anymore about buying something with your own hard earned cash? I know I do. My Presario X1000 was given to me by my parents but my 512MB Thumb Drive, Logitech MX610 Laser Mouse, BenQ M300 Handphone and my 60GB Hard drive all came from my own initiative and pocket :D . Anyway, let's close that insignificant chapter and concentrate on the Main Player for today, Windows Vista.

Hope it releases at 6:30PM GMT as herime said. It's only just close to 2:00. I'm hopeful that this build will finally reveal what Vista will be all about :D .

PSG22

I hope it's a Public but I doubt highly that it is. I'm sure I'm not missing much.

I don't know about this build, but rumors seems to say that the next CTP will be the public beta.

I didn't mean "Will this CTP be public". I meant, do we know if MS plan to send out some more invitations in to the beta scheme this time around, as I'm sure one of the chat transcripts I read suggested that this may be the case.

However, I do seem to be going somewhat crazy lately, so I could just be talking rubbish

Sorry to disapoint you guys, but the release date for Microsoft File Transfer Manager 5.0 is: Thursday, Febuary 23rd, 2006 (according to my MSDN Subscriber Download's Homepage, that is), which means that the release date for for the Febuary Windows Vista CTP is also: Thursday, Febuary 23rd, 2006.

Microsoft yesterday invited press to a conference call at 6:30pm GMT today to talk about the Windows Vista development process. It's expected that shortly after the conference Microsoft will announce the availability of the February CTP.

Like that says..

Sorry to disapoint you guys, but the release date for Microsoft File Transfer Manager 5.0 is: Thursday, Febuary 23rd, 2006 (according to my MSDN Subscriber Download's Homepage, that is), which means that the release date for for the Febuary Windows Vista CTP is also: Thursday, Febuary 23rd, 2006.

Inaccurate. FTM version 5.0 is already available from here: http://transfers.ds.microsoft.com/ftm/defa...?target=install

and, FTM has nothing to do with the release of the CTP as far as I know... :blink: