Question

anyone finds ?Torrent is slower than bitcomet or your other default client?

i love everything about ?Torrent except the speed.

Its lower for me than Azureu:(:( I guess it's because it doesn't work very well with my router

check you settings, i find bitcomet to be faster but if you play with the settings in utorrent you can achieve the same or similar speeds at fraction of the resources.

Its lower for me than Azureus :( I guess it's because it doesn't work very well with my router

Not related to router compatibility. Azureus has a much more effective DHT network implementation. :)

check you settings, i find bitcomet to be faster but if you play with the settings in utorrent you can achieve the same or similar speeds at fraction of the resources.

could you elaborate on that?

exactly what setting should i change?

i use all the default settings in ?Torrent, i only changed to upload speed to 80% of my upload capacity.

Not related to router compatibility. Azureus has a much more effective DHT network implementation. :)

*nods*

I get much much much better speeds in Azureus over uTorrent and BitComet (yes, I have compared the clients using the same torrent file).

could you elaborate on that?

exactly what setting should i change?

i use all the default settings in ?Torrent, i only changed to upload speed to 80% of my upload capacity.

Have you used the speed guide? Ctrl + G

I find them exactly the same, as it mostly depends on the peers and seeds... But 1200 kb allocated memory pwns all... ;)

pawns? what is pawns? I know "owns"...not pawns.

*rolls eyes*

You can't move your finger one key to the left (P -> O) and use the proper english? You have to look like a child using "pwns"?

^ easy now easy..

It's the internet lingo." >.>

But as for the actual topic, I havn't really noticed much. Besides, I just keep my computer on all night and let it finish.

Heh it was hell with Azureus with it slowing my computer down T_T

Make sure ports are forwarded right if you're using a router. Though the BitComet port may be forwarded, the uTorrent port may not. If you don't feel like messing with your router settings, just change your uTorrent port to be the same as the BitComet one.

I'm assuming you port forwarded BitComet. >_>

slower.

i recommened my friend utorrent and she gets decent speeds compared to BC and ABC.

i, on the other hand, get good speeds with BC and ABC.

all has to do with ports, max tcp ip connections, upload speeds, and a good router to handle the new features.

*nods*

I get much much much better speeds in Azureus over uTorrent and BitComet (yes, I have compared the clients using the same torrent file).

You could have connected to different peers...

There is no real way to compare speeds of clients.

The only exception is that bitcomet may be considered "faster" but it is more aggressive, doesn't fully adhere to the BT spec and generally is bad news for swarms, which is why it is frowned upon by anyone deep within the BT scene.

If you want to test speed, try the OpenOffice torrent HERE

You should max out regardless of your connection.

Yeah, I noticed uTorrent being slower too.. even when the same port is forwarded in both torrent clients.

I get several hundred more KB's in BitComet. Averaging around 800-900 KB/s. When you look at the peer list, BitComet usually finds more in the same time frame.

I think BitComet is light enough personally -- uTorrent is obsessively light. For the speed increase and improved layout I prefer BC.

That is the same argument that Azureus fans will give you, but really BitComet is light in its own right. Very seldom do you see a program as small as uTorrent, it really is incredible what it does for its size.

Damn. Nice speeds.

On the uTorrent forum I saw some guy and he had like 3 torrents all downloading at some insane speeds. He must have like every linux distrubution by now... :whistle:

i dont think utorrent is slow. with the encryption enabled i finanlly can go over 160kbps. before i couldnt get even near 50. isp did a cap on my :( but now its my time... love the new feature. :)