Do not inform the thread that you just reported a post

Yet another reason to disable post-count. Is there ANY good reason to keep the post-count viewable?

Well it does encourage posting... and thats always a good thing... the only problem is what people post to get their numbers up.

Well it does encourage posting... and thats always a good thing... the only problem is what people post to get their numbers up.

Hence my repeated suggestion of postcount locking ALL of General Discussion...

It's been discussed many times before. Some members like to have post count and like seeing it to be high. However, we have rules and we can warn for useless posts where the post doesn't help the forum.

Ok. Its great that people are using the report function more and more... it helps a ton.. :)

But when reporting somebody... don't post that you reported them. I mean seriously... think about it in the real world... are you going to walk up to somebody stealing a car and say... oh btw... I called the cops on you. You'd probably get shot.

Common sense people... report the post and be done with it... don't dwell on it. We will take care of the rest.

Telling somebody you reported their posts leads to flames, arguments, and more rule breakage

Thanks

shockz

Hahahaha.. good to hear the mods feel the same way about seemingly common sense issues such as this. :rofl:

in regards to the whole "post count" thing. If a place/person promotes such a mindset, they may accomplish their goal, but they also attract "looky at me i'm l33tz, and i've got more seniority/respectability than you cuz i've got a higher post count, etc..." out of the wood work and such non-sense behavior.

Edited by fr8t

Reported :laugh:

I'm guilty of doing this (started a flamewar once :p ), so i'll stop, i swear.

That and i have the mods on speed-dial :p

Very sad people who go around saying "reported".. how dumb can you get.

I would say 40% reported threads were just because some one said a word which they hate or something... :|

What if u wanna report yourself :hmmm: can i let me know if im reporting me? or shall i still keep it hush hush

I've never actually reported someone, so far never had the need to. But advice taken and if i ever have to, i wont post "REPORTED MUTHA ****ER!!" or something along those lines :)

xxxx :: kisses for all (im in an odd mood :rofl:)

Ok. Its great that people are using the report function more and more... it helps a ton.. :)

But when reporting somebody... don't post that you reported them. I mean seriously... think about it in the real world... are you going to walk up to somebody stealing a car and say... oh btw... I called the cops on you. You'd probably get shot.

Common sense people... report the post and be done with it... don't dwell on it. We will take care of the rest.

Telling somebody you reported their posts leads to flames, arguments, and more rule breakage

Thanks

shockz

Post reported.

jk but I really will stop doing this also. :no:

• 11 months later...

I see why this was pinned - never seen it before. From others doing it, I assumed it was the done thing to say a post had been reported (maybe so others don't bother reporting it or whatever)

Didn't even realise the report feature existed, i've been PM moderators etc to report posts, sorry to any mods who had me PM them reporting things.

I see why this was pinned - never seen it before. From others doing it, I assumed it was the done thing to say a post had been reported (maybe so others don't bother reporting it or whatever)

Yep, plus it is generally quite a pathetic thing to go round letting people know you have reported them.

Yep, plus it is generally quite a pathetic thing to go round letting people know you have reported them.

Lets drop that converstation before I warn you for trolling. I have the back story on the bickering that you are exchanging via PM and if it doesn't stop restrictions will go out.

I remember that it annoyed the hell out of me when people did it. But one time when I first joined, somebody posted Reported and people complained, and a mod came in and said it was actually good to do that so people would know. I'm not sure which mod, but it was a higher up one...

So don't contradict yourself. Make a general rule. Yes or no to putting Reported after you report. I won't do it anymore regardless (I think I've done it...2-3 times total, mostly for 1-post wonders). ;)

So don't contradict yourself. Make a general rule. Yes or no to putting Reported after you report.

Its been a general rule since this thread was created. :yes:

Its been a general rule since this thread was created. :yes:

I meant when stuff like this happens again with other annoyances. PM for examples. ;)

Is it possible to report too much? because I remember getting a pm once after i reported a whole bunch of threads where a member was spamming in GD.

-Peachey

Is it possible to report too much?

Only if you start reporting things that aren't breaking the rules.

because I remember getting a pm once after i reported a whole bunch of threads where a member was spamming in GD.

A spammer doesn't need to be reported more than once.

When u say breaking rules, do you mean the rules + what i/we think is wrong or strictly rules and if not then someone comes and kills my dog :p lol

i have started using the report button alot... :shiftyninja: not saying which threads tho ^_^

• 1 month later...

:laugh: I remember on some other forum, a moron (seriously, he was an idiot) was reported, told he was reported, and he exploded. He started swearing and going really personal, a thing that eventually got him perm. banned. In his case, that was the best case for everyone, so there is some good in telling them they were reported.