There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Canon 30D Announced *NEW*

A little run through about the new Canon 30D. Specs are a little disappointing considering Nikon's new D200. The 30D is simply a upgraded 20D. A few of the new features are nice (ISO in viewfinder, better spot-metering, ISO in 1/3 stops) but nothing to go apes about. Canon will hopefully come out with something more significant at Photokina later this year.

The lens shown with the 30D above is more interesting than the body itself. The 85 f/1.2L now has USM and personally I can't wait to see how the AF performs.

well disappointing compared to the D200 but I dont think 30D was made to make competition to D200. I read somewhere that even 5D is also disappinting compared to the D200 mainly because it doesnt deliver much for the high price.. still compared to the D200.

The Canon 30D will make an awsome replacement to the 20D anyway. And I agree with you with the lens :D