IE 6 Problem

LOC    1,170

OK, I recently installed something using Windows Installer and whatever it was screwed something up. In IE options, under the programs tab, there are pull down menus to associate programs with whatever you want. Under mail there is usually Outlook Express. Now there's nothing listed, and whenever I click an email link in IE it just opens like 100 browser windows and crashes IE. I've tried everything I can think of short of a format to fix this. I'm running Win2k-SP2 with IE 6 beta build 2530 (the new one). Any ideas on what I can do? :(

mortensen    0

Have you tried under the programs tab clicking "Reset Settings" (or similar). Something you did might have changed a setting.

It doesn't really sound like an IE6 since I am running version 2505 and there have been very few changes, let alone the major changes they would need to make for something like THAT to happen.

You might want to try re-installing [re-downloading] IE6 because although IE6 might be fine it might be that OE6 is corrupt causing the problems you are having.

I've never heard of anything even close to the problem that you have - Sorry I couldn't help much.

-mortensenj

LOC    1,170

Yes I've tried the Reset button, and Iinstalled build 2530 over top the previos build. It also installed OE6 so i'd assume fix anything broken. Funny thing is, if I log on as Admin IE doesn't have this problem only under my user account that has admin privs. Odd.

kosmo    0

sounds like you have a permissions issue. i hate to say it, but try changing profiles and see what happens.

kosmo

LOC    1,170

Yes, under my normal Admin account there's no problems at all, either with this IE problem or the Windows Installer problem I've been having with services being started. My user Admin account is the one with the problem, and I have no idea why this has happened. It has the same permissions as the Admin account, so I dunno lol.

kosmo    0

maybe check to see if theres anything associated running with the shortcut that you use.

kosmo

Dr Ashraf Osman    0

Hi all of u

First time to write here , glad to be with all of u.

Well i ve tried all versions of IE6 and to me it is awfull and i was surprised as i m fond of Explorer never loved or used any other brouser

The only few times i had to reinstall my Win Me was to get rid out of explorer 6

I m now on 5.5 , but few days ago i installed SP2 with the same problems as 6

I have all updates to software and drivers no conflicts

configure    1
Originally posted by Dr Ashraf Osman  

Hi all of u

First time to write here , glad to be with all of u.

Well i ve tried all versions of IE6 and to me it is awfull and i was surprised as i m fond of Explorer never loved or used any other brouser  

The only few times i had to reinstall my Win Me was to get rid out of explorer 6  

I m now on 5.5 , but few days ago i installed SP2 with the same problems as 6  

I have all updates to software and drivers no conflicts

Dude.. Wait for the Final.. it's only like wht.. er.. 6 days from now