'07 Audi RS4 Cab & Avant Unveiled

Source: Left Lane News

feb21rs_1.jpg

feb21rs_2.jpg

feb21rs_3.jpg

feb21rs_4.jpg

feb21rs_5.jpg

From this summer, Audi will for the first time be offering additional versions of the RS 4 ? the 2007 Audi RS4 Cabriolet and 2007 Audi RS4 Avant. Following the successful market launch of the saloon at the end of last year, the Avant and Cabriolet versions will be appearing at dealers from the summer. This will round off the RS 4 family. This highly emotionally charged, high-performance product from quattro GmbH unites the characteristics of a sports car with supreme everyday qualities. This is as true of the saloon version as it is of the Avant and the four-seater Cabriolet. (So far, Audi says it has no plans to sell the RS4 convertible or wagon here in North America).

Use link above to read full story.

after being in A4 today i relised i do not like it at all. a3 is actually nicer and more spacious inside.

so i have to say RS6 is the way to go. because A6 is one of the finest cars and is no comparison to A4

now if i got a chance to actually get into a RS6

finally, a redesign for the cabriolet. nice!

i don't understand audi's nomenclature.

there's audi A4, S4 and now RS4? why are there so many variation? just a A4 and S4 is enough.

I have to agree, their naming convention is quite simple.

A4 = Consumer car

S4 = High powered version of Consumer car, equals BMW M3 etc

RS4 = Racing enthusiast car - incredible power - no match with other manufacturers in that class

A6 = consumer version (solid power)

S6 = high powered version of consumer car - match would be BMW M5

RS6 = Racing enthusiast car - incredible power - no match with other manufacturers in that class

A8 in all version is also going to be available, but you can also expect A5 to debut late this year and it might be similar following as with A6. A5 is a coupe version of A6.

Personally I'm anxiously awaiting an S5 or even RS5 version. It should be based on Nuvolari Quattro concept.

nuvolari08.jpg

nuvolari05.jpg

nuvolari09.jpg

and Spy Shots of A5:

Artist rendering:

audi-a5-coupe-illustration.jpg

More:

AUDICoupe_355.jpg

bb_35824.jpeg

bb_35823.jpeg

Edited by Boz

im loving audi styling at the moment, totally out of this world, well except for the front grill as it is getting bigger and bigger

If you want any Audi it has to be an Avant version - gorgeous!

Also, I don't think the S6 and the M5 are equal performance wise - is the RS6 not only a few tenths faster to 60 than an M5?

If you want any Audi it has to be an Avant version - gorgeous!

Also, I don't think the S6 and the M5 are equal performance wise - is the RS6 not only a few tenths faster to 60 than an M5?

I think it depends on which version of the M5 you're talking about. The RS6 is capable of 0-60MPH in roughly 4.6 seconds whereas the M5's latest, 2006 version is capable of 0-60 MPH in about 4.5 seconds.

I think it depends on which version of the M5 you're talking about. The RS6 is capable of 0-60MPH in roughly 4.6 seconds whereas the M5's latest, 2006 version is capable of 0-60 MPH in about 4.5 seconds.

In the previous generation, the RS6 was nearly half a second faster in a straight line (which is huge when you're talking sub-5 times)... and way faster on track.

In the new/current generation, the new V10 S6 is slower in a straight line (~5 seconds, comparable to the previous M5). The next RS6, which is expected to put out 550HP, will undoubtedly be faster than the current M5.

As for the naming conventions, the S cars are usually slightly lower performance than the comparable BMW M car - though arguably with better quality and comfort.

The RS cars are generally superior to the M cars in every conceivable way. For instance, just look at the new RS4 compared to the new M3. Top Gear said that BMW would have to include "a free moon" in order to come close.

those side view mirrors are super sexy :woot:

audi has got to be the best looking car out there.. they're already sexy as they come, but you can trick them out even better.. they're just no match.