Xbox Live Screenshots

1.jpg

2.jpg

When you install the Xbox LIVE? Starter Kit for the first time, the software included in the disc unlocks the online gaming capabilities of the Xbox and modifies your Xbox dashboard so you can create your first Xbox Live account and start playing with your friends right away. The new dashboard will feature the new 'XBOX LIVE' tab:

01.jpgBad news for us who are running Evolution :(:( i>

Once you are there, you've got 3 tabs: 'ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT', 'NEW ACCOUNT' and 'NETWORK SETUP'. In order to creat an account you select the 'NEW ACCOUNT'.

02.jpg

The next step is to choose your 'Gamertag', your unique online ID for all games across the global gaming service.

03.jpg

After you're done with the selection of your Gamertag, you must enter your subscrition code. This subscrition code comes on a card with your Xbox LIVE? Starter Kit.

04.jpg

Then you enter your the credit card info and your personal info: your name, address, phone number, and e-mail.

05.jpg

After a few minutes you're done with the one-time sign-up process and ready to start playing online, find your friends easily; talk to other players during gameplay through the Xbox Communicator headset.

06.jpg

It's certainly worth noting that the 'NETWORK SETUP' menu has 4 tabs: 'IP ADDRESSES', 'DNS SERVERS', 'HOST NAME' and 'PPOE SETTINGS' to configure broadband dial-up. As you can see the whole sign-up process is very easy and even your grandma could do it. I think i beat neo1980 to t:ps :p

I like the way that Xbox live is integrated into the dashboard.

I don't really like the way it asks for your credit card details right away. People could unkown to them buy something, or order a service. They better be making it 110% clear every time a financial transaction may occur.

Either way, looks pretty impressive.

I wonder if eventually that people will be able to hook their own add-ons into the dashboard. It's only a matter of time. It would be cool if there was like a tab for Emulation, Movies, OS, Xbox live, etc. That would be cool...

Originally posted by LiGhTfast

cool nice post, btw whats the online games like i tried 3rd party software which lags alot hows the ms one keep up?

The games will be running on dedicated Xbox live servers and will be running in a controlled environment. You won't be getting any lag.

Originally posted by Dazzla

I like the way that Xbox live is integrated into the dashboard.

I don't really like the way it asks for your credit card details right away. People could unkown to them buy something, or order a service. They better be making it 110% clear every time a financial transaction may occur.

Either way, looks pretty impressive.

I wonder if eventually that people will be able to hook their own add-ons into the dashboard. It's only a matter of time. It would be cool if there was like a tab for Emulation, Movies, OS, Xbox live, etc. That would be cool...

I don't like the way you have to put in your credit card info either but, maybe this is just for the beta testers to prove who they say they are. About the Dashboard, if you have a modded Xbox then you can use Evolution X to customize the menu. Here are a few screenshots:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

screen6.jpg

screen7.jpg

It is no eye pleaser but almost everything is customizable and is controlled by a menu.ini file. You can replace the existing dashboard with this one, like i have done. This is very helpful if you know what you are doing as it will allow you to access your Xbox hard drive through PC and add stuff to the hard drive like emulators etc.

Sorry to jump off topic here, I'm really really curious about all of this hacking Xbox thing. For example, do you need to boot from a CD? Or do you install emulators? Do you need to do anything special to play divx movies? Or what? I have no idea about any of it.

First of all you need to understand that underneath the nice black case there basically a PC, the programming for the Xbox is done in C++, same as for PC. This means that anything written for the PC can be ported over to the Xbox, Quake II has already been ported and Doom is in the works.

To start things off you will need a mod chip, there is nothing you can do without it, there are no boot cd's as the Xbox will not read anything that is not digitally signed by Microsoft. Mod Chips are not that expenisve and you should be able to get the best on for under ?50, the best one out now is OpenXbox, which will allow you to flash it with any BiOS, this is done via your printer port.

openxbox1.jpg

All you need to do is solder the chip onto the motherboard, if you are not confident in soldering yourself you can always hire someone to do it.

9 wires only

Full BIOS update possible

Works with all import games (US, JAP and PAL)

Original BIOS remains unmodified

Works with online games

Import games works with standard AV cable in full color

The only "ModChip" 100% safe for future upgrades

Allows to use home-made software on the Xbox

Parallel port built-in - upgrade BIOS anytime without soldering

Play Backup games

Play Import games

The main feature with any mod-chip is to run unsigned code. After having you mod chip installed then your Xbox becomes fully customizable. For access to your hard drive you will need a little tool called Evolution X, this will allow you to communicate your Xbox using a standard FTP client. After this is done then you can add anything to the hard drive, Emulators for other systems like N64 can be added to the hard drive so you can okay all the classics on your hard drive.

xSNES9x (EMU)

>>A port of the popular SNES (Super Nintendo) emulator to xbox.

GNUboy (EMU)

>>GNUboy is a GameBoy (Color) emulator that has been ported to Xbox.

GBA-X (EMU)

>>A Nintendo GameBoy Advanced emulator for xbox.

Handy (EMU)

>>An Atari Lynx emulator known as Handy for pc, has been ported to the Xbox.

SMSPlus (EMU)

>>SMSPlus is a Sega Master System & GameGear emulator for xbox.

DAPHNE (EMU)

>>A port of DAPHNE for Xbox. DAPHNE is a program that lets one play the original versions of many laserdisc arcade games on one's PC.

HU-GO! (EMU)

>>A port of HU-GO! for Xbox. HU-GO! is a PCEngine emulator.

FCEU-NES (EMU)

>>FCEU-NES is a NES (Nintendo 8-bit) emulator.

DGen (EMU)

>>DGen Genesis Emulator for XBox.

Aspectrum (EMU)

>>Spectrum-ZX Emulator for XBox.

eXtremeGB (EMU)

>>Gameboy/GBC Emulator for XBox.

>

There are many other emu's out there for Xbox but most of them ported from PC. There are other utilities as well like Xbox Media player, which will allow you to play DivX, MPEG,MP3,AVI,Xvid,WMV and other file formats are in the works. This can be put on the hard drive with your favourite DivX movies and you can watch all of your favourite Divx movies where ever you go, without the need of a PC. You don't even need a DVD remote any more to watch your favourite DVD movies all you need is DVD X v2 and you can watch all your favourite DVD movies no matter what region they are on your Xbox, with full 5.1 capabilities.

Hope i have answered a few questions, if you have any further questions just post a reply. For more info on Xbox software and modding visit.

http://www.xbox-scene.com

http://www.xboxhacker.net

I got it done by a guy, who does chipping for a resonable price, i won't post the exact amount as it is against forum rules. He does all the mod chips for PS2 and Xbox. If you want more info PM me.