DevStation 2006

This topic is for discussing DevStation 2006 and to serve as a info topic for others that don't know much about it.

What is DevStation 2006?

DevStation - the PS3 Developer's Conference

DevStation - SCEE's annual developer conference - will this year focus exclusively on game development for the PLAYSTATION?3 platform.

Conference Highlights>

The event will be a twin stream conference, with presentations covering all key aspects of PLAYSTATION?3 development, amongst which will be:

* Cell and the OS

* Audio

* Graphics

* Networking

* Third-party presentations (including Epic and a guest independent developer)

* Middleware (including Havok and Ageia)

* Performance analysis

* Art/content generation (including presentations from 3rd-party application vendors)

Middleware vendors will also be on hand throughout the 2 days to demonstrate their latest PS3 products and answer your questions.Where/Whenb>

This year DevStation is taking place in the Atlantis Gallery at the Old Truman Brewery, in the vibrant surrounds of London's Brick Lane. The event takes place over two days, Wednesday, March 1 and Thursday, March 2 2006. There will also be entertainment on the evening of March 1.Further Infob>

If you require any further information regarding the conference please do not hesitate to e-mail the DevStation team at: devstation@scee.net. To register your attendance online click here.

Official DevStation 2006 Website

:):)

Doubt any info will be released about the PS3 at DevStation, could get some info at GDC but my bets is on E3!

Considering it seems focused directly on the PS3, Id say it's a pretty safe bet that some nuggets of information will find their way onto the net.

well it starts tomorrow wonder if any info will be leaked? :blink: I hope so :)

It started today. And it has probably finished by now as well. No info yet.

Amid speculation that Sony may face up to a year delay in the launch of its latest game console, the company plans to plug the game lineup for the PlayStation 3 in a private event in San Francisco on Thursday.

The event could shed some light on Sony?s strategy for the much-anticipated console. Industry analysts and insiders have speculated that the Japanese consumer electronics giant may not roll out the device until October.

Sony Online Entertainment spokesperson Courtney Simmons said the event would preview titles that would be shown off at E3, the industry?s major game event in early May. She also said Sony executives would answer questions about the company?s strategy.

source

Well, I guess now it's official. No PS3 at devstation :( What the hell is going on with Sony? I understand no company wants bad press for themselves but i think a little mea culpa would be understood by the consumers as long as we're not being pandered to.

Cheers, I'm still deciding if to Sell my Xbox360 or keep it? LOL.. Anyways I'm glad we are starting to see something happening with PS3

Cheers, I'm still deciding if to Sell my Xbox360 or keep it? LOL.. Anyways I'm glad we are starting to see something happening with PS3

Something like what? Are you getting information from some secret source?

That article is not about Devstation - its about the Playstation event thing, which is totally seperate from Devstation.

The PS3 will and has featured at Devstation - as the point of Devstation was to show the developers about the PS3. Devstation was developer only, so its no suprise we havn't heard anything from Devstation

That article is not about Devstation - its about the Playstation event thing, which is totally seperate from Devstation.

The PS3 will and has featured at Devstation - as the point of Devstation was to show the developers about the PS3. Devstation was developer only, so its no suprise we havn't heard anything from Devstation

I never said I was basing it on that article.

This is from HardOCP:

PS3 MIA At Destination PlayStation

Sony has just wrapped up the week long Destination PlayStation event that, oddly enough, had no PS3s on hand. Odd.

Sony has just wrapped up its week-long invite-only Destination PlayStation event intended to inform retail and publishing executives about the company's plans for the next year. While nobody really expected any big announcements at the conference--after all, there weren't any members of the press there to cover them--many did expect PlayStation 3 to be present in some form

and this is from Shacknews:

Hey Guys PS3 News Lol

Sony has just wrapped up its week-long invite-only Destination PlayStation event intended to inform retail and publishing executives about the company's plans for the next year. While nobody really expected any big announcements at the conference--after all, there weren't any members of the press there to cover them--many did expect PlayStation 3 to be present in some form, seeing as it will presumably be a pretty big part of Sony's retail and publishing strategies in the near future. However, leaked reports from NDA-bound attendees, spread throughout forums, news sites, and gaming blogs around the internet, have indicated that Sony did not actually present its next-gen console to the high-ups present.

What does this mean? Who knows? Sony's Phil Harrison is delivering a keynote address at Game Developers Conference in a few weeks, and the title of his speech is "PlayStation 3: Beyond the Box," so there should be at least some kind of actual news coming out soon.

If you say it will (it already finished) and has featured at Devstation, where is your source?

Yes, it was a closed event, and you are stating that it definitely was there. Where do you find this information? The people that were there are not saying "No comment. NDA." when asked about it, they are posting that it was not there. I'm sure they talked about it, but no one (outside of Sony) has seen a real working PS3.

Fistly, I didnt specialifaclly mean they had working PS3's at devstation, but that the PS3 and features of it were talked about at devsatation.

My source - the offical sony Devstation site link

One of the main headings on that page reads

DevStation - the PS3 Developer's Conference

and later to goes on to say

The event will be a twin stream conference, with presentations covering all key aspects of PLAYSTATION?3 development, amongst which will be:

* Cell and the OS

* Audio

* Graphics

* Networking

* Third-party presentations (including Epic and a guest independent developer)

* Middleware (including Havok and Ageia)

* Performance analysis

* Art/content generation (including presentations from 3rd-party application vendors)

I cannot confirm this is what happened there, as it was a closed event, onyl developers were allowed it, but they wouldn't have an event about the PS3 without talking about it.

There you go now a mod edit that post that says it didn't show at DevStation.

why? we don't know if it showed and there is no information or implication that it did. Talking about something and having maybe a few simulators and/or devkits is different from showing the actual final hardware.