BLACK PS2 IGN Review

Here is what they had to say

Closing Comments

BLACK is everything you'd ever want in a shooter if all you ever wanted to do was shoot stuff. It's an extremely focused game that offers one of the most visceral gaming experiences you'll find anywhere. But, it offers little variation outside of blowing things up and its short length and lack of multiplayer will irk some people.

No matter its faults, however, this is a game that everyone really should play through. After going through it ourselves, we can't help but think of the leaps that Criterion made with its Burnout series and are anxious to see if they'll carry over to BLACK as well. If nothing else, BLACK really, really makes us hunger for a sequel.

nice, thanks for posting. i think it was meant as an all out shoot fest, nothing more. if they nailed that than it's all good! thanks to activision i'm all spent for games this month, so it'll have to be a rental or wait till next month...

The Demo was quite fun,and Will also be getting black when it is released.

console FPS's suffer from aiming problems for me, there's no flexibility. Killzone was awesome except for that. were it on PC it would have rocked.

I don't trust IGN, that review was more like a advertisment than objective analysis. I smell the stench of EA influence.

lol got proof to back that up? :blink:

i dunno. it looks like it would be fun for a little bit, but these scores I am seeing are really disappointing for a game that OPM called "the last great PS2 game"

at least it gives me one less game to have to spend money, since I'm already buying 24 for PS2 this week and I want to pick up Drill Dozer for Gameboy Advance as well.

the graphics and audio are impressive for ps2. the gameplay is decent enough. but its short.

thats my review. a good rental.

looking forward to see what they do with black 2 and beyond. look what they did going from the first burnout to revenge

definitely BLACK, COD's a PC title and plays very mediocre on consoles, plus it's really not the same without the multiplayer magnitude you get for PC's.

Why are the levels sooo long and there are no game-save points (checkpoints) which makes you stay up till 2 to finish the dam level...but other then that the graphics are insane and almost everything is explosive.