There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Want a camera...

Ok there the thing...

I want a digital camera to start making shots, I ALWAYS wanted to get a camera but never got one.

My Father was a professional photograph back in 80's or something like that... herm... before my birth...

He as known Minolta, assamblad, mialyta (or whatever)... (He's saying names like that in my back right now :unsure: )

So herm, now what I want...

I want a cam for starting. So don't think that big 8 MPx with a 1/8000 shutter and that MEGA lents...

I'm talking about of a buget of 250$ CAD (215USD, 180EUR, 125GBP) for a camera.

I don't know alot about camera and stuff but I want to learn!

This is what I want from what I know:

3MPx Minimum

3x OPTICAL zoom (Numeric is crap)

No special prog to get the pictures (I don't know about cams but MP3 Players are not all accesible by explorer as a external drive)

A LCD thinguy in the back (No care of the size)

Movie mode (30FPS w/ SOUND)

And the MOST important for me: A good speed between the pictures

(My lil brother as a little 100$ cheap cam and it's not "SO" bad in term of quality, BUT it take 15 sec before take the next shot :| )

(And please link me to a Canadian store if possible)

Thanks in advance ;)

PS: If someone have a camera to sell (IN MINT CONDITION) you can PM me.

Edit: I saw that the memory cards look to have speeds like CD/DVD... :pinch:

Edited by NI3NOR

3MPx Minimum

3x OPTICAL zoom (Numeric is crap)

No special prog to get the pictures (I don't know about cams but MP3 Players are not all accesible by explorer as a external drive)

A LCD thinguy in the back (No care of the size)

Movie mode (30FPS w/ SOUND)

And the MOST important for me: A good speed between the pictures

(My lil brother as a little 100$ cheap cam and it's not "SO" bad in term of quality, BUT it take 15 sec before take the next shot )

damn, u want movie mode :) oh well im not gonna suggest a panasonic fz5 then :) and as for your price tag the fz5 would be too much :) i looked around at dpreview.com and in my opinion Canon makes nice cameras with a very nice price tag. I think that the Canon Powershot A610 would suit all your needs. You can get more info here.

Also if you only want to take point and shoot pictures you might want to look at Olympus Stylus 600 [aka mju:600]. My aunt has one and the pictures have been quite nice tho it only has auto focus :)

The Canon PowerShot A610 is out of my buget (Well, if I get it I will not able to buy a second memory Card! :| )

But the model A520 is in my buget range :D

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

Look pretty neat for 260CAD...

It have all what I need :D

About Quality of the picture and the camera itself, how it is?

The Canon PowerShot A610 is out of my buget (Well, if I get it I will not able to buy a second memory Card! :| )

But the model A520 is in my buget range :D

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

Look pretty neat for 260CAD...

It have all what I need :D

About Quality of the picture and the camera itself, how it is?

well its a canon :) so you can expect a good image quality. http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_a520.asp also read the data :) user opinions and stuff like that.

Have a look for Canon Poweshots, as said before, they have a whole range of them so hopefully you will be able to find one that suits your price range.

I've got a Powershot A85 and the shots come out really well.

Link in sig, :p

So be it, Canon PowerShot A520 is mine when I will have the money (Should be March-April)

Now what is better? SD or MMC

I know that SD are VERY cheap...

Does it mean slow?

And in terms of speed and hum does it can have compatibility probs or a SD card is a SD card and WILL work flawless no mater witch one I buy?