Xbox Wolfenstein goes Live!

With Xbox exclusive multiplayer features, including squad-based and co-operative Internet and split-screen modes, as well as the acclaimed single-player game, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is shaping up to be something special only on Xbox. There will be no online options in other console versions of the game.

This is a great example of developers tailoring a game to the console it'll be released on. The game might be nearly a year old on PC, but with the extra and new features for the Xbox version, there'll still be plenty to gain for veterans.

"By fusing the gameplay with new multiplayer modes, communication abilities, and technology, we're delivering the definitive team warfare experience for Xbox, " said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software.

Teams can coordinate and execute attacks with precision utilising the Xbox Communicator, allowing players to verbally order air strikes, call for medics or even taunt opponents. Return to Castle Wolfenstein's Xbox multiplayer features allows players to challenge up to seven other gamers online utilising Xbox Live's matchmaking capabilities. You can also look forward to new weaponry, an advanced target control system and Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound capabilities.

More good news

It's drawing me nearer. I loved wolfenstein, but I hate online gaming on PC's, it's so sterile.

I wanna click play, jump straight into a game, no lag, no ****, shouting at people, quality.

Originally posted by Dazzla

It's drawing me nearer. I loved wolfenstein, but I hate online gaming on PC's, it's so sterile.

I wanna click play, jump straight into a game, no lag, no ****, shouting at people, quality.

ouch you would hate cs :p

can't wait xbox rulez :p

Originally posted by Dazzla

tell me about :rolleyes: Online gaming is so much more suitable on Consoles.