The Final Nintendo Revolution Secret

A concept image of how the Revolution controller touch-pad would work: By Aussie-Nintendo

revo_touch_screen.jpg

Article From: NintendoRevolution.ca

Could a touch sensitivity pad on the Nintendo Revolution controller be the final secret?

touch sensitivity Nintendo Revolution

Buried within our EA interview yesterday, EA spokesperson, Trudy Muller made an interesting comment regarding the Nintendo Revolution controller

“The beauty of the new Revolution controller is that the possibilities for new game ideas are limitless. I'm sure that Nintendo already has a number of phenomenal design concepts built around 3D Pointing or Touch Sensitivity for their 1st party games. Our developers are inspired and excited by the new controller's features.”

Initially we thought she might have been referring to the Nintendo DS touch screen, but after clarification, Muller said she was referring to a function of the Nintendo Revolution controller.

“[touch sensitivity] is related to what Nintendo may have in development for use around their Revolution controller.” Explained Muller.

So what does touch sensitivity actually mean? One theory is that the controller well have a panel similar to that of the DS. By using this touch panel on the controller, you can move the cursor item on the television screen in almost the same way the Nintendo DS functions.

Other theories invovle the contoller having an additonal attachment which will inovle touch sensitivity.

Perhaps this is the final secret that Nintendo has been guarding so closely?

Edited by magik

Final secret?! Come on Nintendo. Feed me! This is why I think Nintendo will be #1 this time around. I am waiting for Nintendo to use the final bullet of info on this thing.

I don't think a touch pad would work so well. I know that, at least when I game, I rely on being able to feel the physical buttons to know where my fingers are and such.

ya it would feel a bit weird tocuhing the touch pad instead of actual buttons on the controller however it would look really cool adn seems liek a neat idea =)

Perhaps the 'touch sensitive' capability is describing the controller's ability to determine how tight a user is holding the control, what buttons their fingers are on and how hard they are pressing the buttons? An OLED/LCD touch panel on the Revolution controller makes no sense because the currently known form is said to be near final... and it doesn't have a touchpad.

Perhaps the 'touch sensitive' capability is describing the controller's ability to determine how tight a user is holding the control, what buttons their fingers are on and how hard they are pressing the buttons? An OLED/LCD touch panel on the Revolution controller makes no sense because the currently known form is said to be near final... and it doesn't have a touchpad.

I think what that idiot at EA was trying to say was either

A) Pressure sensitivity, which current generation consoles already have

or

B) She mean't the DS not Revolution when talking about touch sensativity.

And I think you're weird.

Honestly, that concept image is NOT going to work. Your palm belongs in that area. It would be a burden to try and get your thumb to reach that low.

And I think you're weird.

Honestly, that concept image is NOT going to work. Your palm belongs in that area. It would be a burden to try and get your thumb to reach that low.

I think you are supposed to hold the controller sideways, then it works. I don't think this is actually what they are using either, also the title of this thread is misleading because the article doesn't clearly say anything as to what the final secret will be.

I think what that idiot at EA was trying to say was either

A) Pressure sensitivity, which current generation consoles already have

or

B) She mean't the DS not Revolution when talking about touch sensativity.

I guess you didn't read the article:

Initially we thought she might have been referring to the Nintendo DS touch screen, but after clarification, Muller said she was referring to a function of the Nintendo Revolution controller.

“[touch sensitivity] is related to what Nintendo may have in development for use around their Revolution controller.” Explained Muller.

:whistle:

I can't see how that mock up would work as they have already shown the design of the remote/controller.

Would love to know what they are up to though. Can't wait for its release over here.