Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

im just glad to see the DSL going strong. :) i hope it never gives up going well.. can't help but love nintendo, always loves their first party games! can't wait to get the new super mario bros in a few weeks~~

as for the 360.. i think we all know its doing bad.. don't think we need to keep saying how bad it is doing. As said though i think a lot of people will be holding out for the PS3 and i believe there would be a fair bit of interest behind Wii. once these consoles come out we will have a better way to judge the 360 because then people will have all the next gen consoles infront of htem and no more mystery surrounding any of them.

Thats bloody-plain-obvious. You reiterating that for x number of times means you are looking for "fulfillment" in the wrong place. :rofl:

And what do you call this ?

The suprising bit is one Jap handheld outselling the other Jap handheld by 6-7 times month after month.

:p "fulfillment" ?

And what do you call this ?

:p "fulfillment" ?

That is the real surprising bit. As much as you guys want to deny it, the real competition is between Sony and Nintendo only when it comes to Japan.

Yeah but its been going on ever since before the 360 even came out.(or at least since this thread was made) So I fail to see how suprising it is. Or even so more than the other consoles outselling the 360.

Yeah but its been going on ever since before the 360 even came out.(or at least since this thread was made) So I fail to see how suprising it is. Or even so more than the other consoles outselling the 360.

It was a close race between PSP and DS until DSL came along.

No matter how much you guys try to brush it aside, a Jap v Jap in Japan is the real contest. The tendency to look at Microsoft's figures is a bid to console yourself. ;)

PSP is doing well. DS is doing extremely well. In Japan. In other territories they are neck and neck, it's just that DS has more titles that appeal to the Japanese population. It's like how Microsoft doesn't have many titles that appeal to that region. After all, it's software that sells the machine, so these results are not surprising.

It was a close race between PSP and DS until DSL came along.

No matter how much you guys try to brush it aside, a Jap v Jap in Japan is the real contest. The tendency to look at Microsoft's figures is a bid to console yourself. ;)

Console ourselves from what ? Frankly I don't care about the handhelds because I have already made my decision there.

June 26 - July 2

DSL - 153,566 (2,640,209)

PSP - 25,935 (920,939)

PS2 - 23,133 (760,246)

NDS - 3,504 (906,292)

GBASP - 2,919 (166,695)

360 - 1,897 (57,411)

GBM - 1,443 (103,380)

NGC - 1,002 (55,536)

GBA - 17 (1,651)

XBX - 8 (2,800)

DSL is really just outselling everyone combined. It's fairly easy to see that Microsoft still hasn't penetrated the Asian market with their 360.

It's Japan, what do you expect? Every home has 213 PS2's, why should the DSL be any different? :p

^ I'll have to find the source, but at last look the DS and PSP were nearly even in worldwide sales. I think the DS is starting to pull away now.

^ I'll have to find the source, but at last look the DS and PSP were nearly even in worldwide sales. I think the DS is starting to pull away now.

PSP has been selling more than DS nearly every month in the US. DS Lite helped to sell many units last month however.

July 3 - 9

DSL - 149,454 (2,789,663)

PSP - 31,959 (952,898)

PS2 - 23,332 (783,578)

GBASP - 2,818 (169,513)

360 - 1,610 (59,021)

GBM - 1,379 (104,759)

NDS - 1,009 (907,299)

NGC - 934 (56,470)

GBA - 20 (1,671)

XBX - 13 (2,813)

I still can't believe that the X360 is selling like crap not only in Japan, but in the US too. Amazing how a 5 year old console still manages to outsell it by lots of units.