Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0566 Beta

To all mods: I believe that links should not be removed as the appropriate login is still needed to use this build. Anyone can download it anyways, only beta testers can login.

edit: Damn I'm loving the sign in popups, so much better than the last build :yes:

Edited by slimy

If that is true, then please remove the link. It is only meant to help out the people who are having problems installing it, but if it breaks any rules then please delete the link

I'm an offical Windows Live Messenger BETA tester and it doesn't install on my computer :/ it constantly says I need to upgrade (but I have) I tried restarting the computer like has been suggested but Messenger insists I need to upgrade before I use it, but I did! :wacko:

EDIT: I've even tried a repair installation of the new version and it still tells me to upgrade, gonna try completely removing it and installing the newer one, hopfully that works!

I'm an offical Windows Live Messenger BETA tester and it doesn't install on my computer :/ it constantly says I need to upgrade (but I have) I tried restarting the computer like has been suggested but Messenger insists I need to upgrade before I use it, but I did! :wacko:

Try the link posted

uninstall old messenger...restart...remove the msn messenger folder from program files...install new and fresh :)

I posted an Installer link on the 1st page of this topic

Try the link posted

I did and worked a treat :) What is with MS constantly changing the UI? this is the third change :wacko: I was just getting used to the last one and now it's different again :pinch: well at least the sharing folder things works now (it didn't work for me in the previous beta builds)

No links please

no no links are allowed because everyone the invitees and the managed beta testers get this. second if your not in either of those groups you cant run it so whats the harm none?

also the provided link was helpful to me because i did the automatic update and it didnt work. THus i would have had to download it again and quickly dug thru my temp files to get the installer before removing the older beta build. He saved me trouble :) clicking the link was much faster

and the stupid music bug is still there lol

I've seen that they are gradually changing graphics. The new buddy in avatar is fantastic. Really hope they apply it for status icons too! :)

no no links are allowed because everyone the invitees and the managed beta testers get this. second if your not in either of those groups you cant run it so whats the harm none?

Sorry... but since it's not a public beta we can't allow links.

Sorry... but since it's not a public beta we can't allow links.

even if it wont sign in on peoples machines? please tell me you see some irony there.

even if it wont sign in on peoples machines? please tell me you see some irony there.

Listen... You can bitch about this all you want, but its not going to do any good.

I talked to a super and a few other mods... its not going to change.

No Links.

End of Discussion.

If it wont install on your system, here is what you do:

Since we cannot post links here, the fix is simple. Uninstall your current version, apparently this version doesn't like updating from 562. After you have uninstalled it, install the old original build from ideas.live.com. When that build starts, it will want to upgrade, let it. This time, it wont keep asking to update. Either that, or apparently others are saying you can restart to fix it, I haven't tried that though, I know my method works.

I've posted full instructions on my blog: http://extended64.com/blogs/ajerman/archiv...02/28/2121.aspx

Edited by Betaz

Overall this seems to be a slight improvement over build 562. Signing in was MUCH quicker, and the colour scheme is better (albeit a bit too bright; they need to lower the brightness a little).

I had no problems installing this build. I read on connect.microsoft.com that you had to uninstall build 562, so I did that, restarted my computer (as you always should after installing/uninstalling something) and then installed the new build. Easy as pie.