New mac mini, a joke?

Coolchan, you made my day :laugh: Cheers!

Ditto! LOL.. that comic is hilarious! :D

I'm confused by this - my Mac Mini can output HD resolution - I use it to drive my Dell 2405fpw @ 1920x1200. :huh:

In any case, this seems like a good value compared to what I first paid for my mini - $500 and I got no bluetooth, no wi-fi, no dvd burner, and 256mb RAM, not to mention the other upgrades like the optical audio and USB ports this new one has. The $800 one would personally provide me with a better value over the older model, even with the integrated graphics (which seems to be better than the old chipset) :D

Read the bit about the output resolutions here: http://www.hdbeat.com/2006/02/28/the-intel...rfect-for-hdtv/.

Yeah, try using your hot GMA950 on a HDTV.... Lets talk about speed after that. MANY people where thinking of using the mini with their TV. I guess this is the end of it.

See above link.

Dougal.

It has a very sorry 64 mb of VRAM and no mini-VGA port.

It actually has 0MB VRAM :whistle:

I don't see why a mini-VGA port is so important though... It has DVI, which can be convered to both VGA and HDMI easily.

For those griping about Apple not doing a DVR...

Why the hell would they? They sell TV shows in the iTunes music store, if they added DVR functionality to their products no one would buy the shows...

oh my freaking god! i didnt realize that intel also makes these crappy integrated graphics! but hell YES, they DO!

all my hopes for the macbook are gone... :(

oh my freaking god! i didnt realize that intel also makes these crappy integrated graphics! but hell YES, they DO!

all my hopes for the macbook are gone... :(

It is a shame that the intel grapihcs chip is faster and spec'ed higher than the old 9200 chipset. But don't let that get in your way of over-reacting.

It is a shame that the intel grapihcs chip is faster and spec'ed higher than the old 9200 chipset. But don't let that get in your way of over-reacting.

uhuu you are so damn cool. :)

its not that i hate those intel-chips in general. but whats the problem in putting some x600 or x700 in it?

For those griping about Apple not doing a DVR...

Why the hell would they? They sell TV shows in the iTunes music store, if they added DVR functionality to their products no one would buy the shows...

I agree. There is no need for them to make a DVR when the plan on SELLING the shows. LOL. Now they just need to up the resolution on them.

As for the mini, I have the orginal version and love it. No it does not play games, or super fast. It is wonderful for surfing and sending emails and doing basic Office type work. This version makes everything more responsive with the new chip. Besides the price it is a good upgrade.

uhuu you are so damn cool. :)

its not that i hate those intel-chips in general. but whats the problem in putting some x600 or x700 in it?

Probably heat and cost. Those are two logical reasons...

Oh I remember some Macheads using exactly opposite reasoning for PC users who bought integrated graphics in their machines. :rofl:

As usual when Apple does it...its the Right thing to do :x

Oh I remember some Macheads using exactly opposite reasoning for PC users who bought integrated graphics in their machines. :rofl:

As usual when Apple does it...its the Right thing to do :x

That was before the GMA shipped. The GMA chipset was designed for home theater and home appliance applications. I still don't understand why people are complaining. Given, you are just trolling here, but I don't understand why people over-react without doing research first.

That was before the GMA shipped. The GMA chipset was designed for home theater and home appliance applications. I still don't understand why people are complaining. Given, you are just trolling here, but I don't understand why people over-react without doing research first.

Cause people are lazy and eager to hate things.

Also it makes sense for the mac people to burn PC users for using that chip. On a PC using integrated graphics doesn't make sense, but a Mac mini isn't a PC, it's a Mac, and it's small and has to deal with heat, but it doesn't deal with 3d games, (at least it's not made to) so everyone is happy.

I am trolling ? :huh: using this laptop ?

I wouldn't buy one. In fact, if I get it for free, I would sell it on ebay.

Ditto. Well OS X would be great but the mac hardware just sucks.

I think for its the other way :D I love their industrial design. Not so much in love with their software. (except for the "fun new" boombox :x )

OSX doesn't need the same hardware as PC, so the hardware doesn't suck, it's just different. OSX can run nicely on less hardware. People that don't own Macs usually don't know that so they just look at the numbers and say it sucks before using it or knowing the real story. Not that you are doing that or anything but yeah. You are.

OSX doesn't need the same hardware as PC, so the hardware doesn't suck, it's just different. OSX can run nicely on less hardware. People that don't own Macs usually don't know that so they just look at the numbers and say it sucks before using it or knowing the real story. Not that you are doing that or anything but yeah. You are.

No I didn't ment performance, just the hardware upgrades and stuff in the future if I would buy one.