SHOP-Trix Beta Testing 10/03/2006

Question

Hi Everybody,

The system documentation is being put up at the momment and the installer is half way ready for a heavy Beta testing session next Friday.

Documentation: http://www.shop-trix.co.uk/?id=documentation

If your not familure with the SHOP-Trix please visit this other post... SHOP-Trix Post

Basicly im looking for up to 5-20 volunteers to offer to download it and install it on their server next Friday?

The package is small about 350kb (maybe a little more) and the installer should take you less than 5-10 minutes to run.

If you could put your name on the list (please copy the list when you add your name) that would be great and then I will PM you next Friday with the url to download the package.

Also please let me know if your Mac or PC (although Mac can use zip) and will try to make a tar.gz for the Mac users.

TIA

Neo

1. Neo

Edited by Neo.Trix

Was 10-15 a bit over ambitious? :cry:

You get your name on a list of acknowledgements and you get to beta test future versions (and keep it for free).....

1. Neo

2. DaRkYoShI

3. Adaytay

4. mikey

Are you guys both on PC's and will you be installing it locally or on a webserver?

Good to see mikey read the list bit ;)

Quick question do any of you have a paypal business account with IPN setup?

Thats the payment method, which I've coded from a working setup but I havn't actually tested it....

If there is anyone who has one/access to one and their willing to let me test with it (dont need access or anything) just need your email address to put in to my system so it knows who to pay and obviously would need you to confirm that it is paying you correctly....

I can test on a webserver and a PC, ive got Apache/PHP/MySQL running on both

Im afraid i dont have a PayPal business account, only a premium one.

Hi, im very intersted and can get it installed on a webserver. Ive got a paypal business account as well if that helps :D

1. Neo

2. DaRkYoShI

3. Adaytay

4. mikey

5. jtchange

6. _dom_

7. specialtech

Edited by specialtech

And I see your a user of osCommerce if Im right from looking at your site?

Im not trying to compete with them just yet so dont compare them too much from a capabilities point of view :no: more from the ability to easily change things... :yes:

1. Neo

2. DaRkYoShI

3. Adaytay

4. mikey

5. jtchange

6. _dom_

7. specialtech

8. James B

I'd love to try this out on my server, and I do have a Business PayPal account. :)

I'm looking for a new online store and from the other thread it looks fantastic.

nope not using oscommerce :D Using xcart but ive another pet project for myself that im working on and cam across this thread and thought "ooo thats got potential, lets see if i can help"

Quick question do any of you have a paypal business account with IPN setup?

Thats the payment method, which I've coded from a working setup but I havn't actually tested it....

If there is anyone who has one/access to one and their willing to let me test with it (dont need access or anything) just need your email address to put in to my system so it knows who to pay and obviously would need you to confirm that it is paying you correctly....

couldn't you use the PayPal Sandbox to do that? http://www.sandbox.paypal.com/

I could, but my previous experience with the sandbox wasn't that great, it seemed highly complex for what it is I mean basicly you want a page to simply interact with your system to identify whether it would act as expected. Instead you have to register test users to test your test payment process....

I thought it was all a bit naff tbh.

1. Neo

2. DaRkYoShI

3. Adaytay

4. mikey

5. jtchange

6. _dom_

7. specialtech

8. James B

9. Tiddlie

10. Gerry

I got a lot of free space on my main servers, which you can used to beta test..

1. Neo

2. DaRkYoShI

3. Adaytay

4. mikey

5. jtchange

6. _dom_

7. specialtech

8. James B

9. Tiddlie

10. Gerry

11. amyers

Sure, sign me up - why not?! :)

Thanks for all the support everyone, hoping to get the installer version out to you first thing Friday morning so keep your eyes peeled for a message from me about 8.45am GMT.

I think im going to limit the total to 15 (including me so we just need 4 more people to sign-up) so im not over whelmed with questions... I think 15 is enough for a first run?

count me in :p

1. Neo

2. DaRkYoShI

3. Adaytay

4. mikey

5. jtchange

6. _dom_

7. specialtech

8. James B

9. Tiddlie

10. Gerry

11. amyers