March (2006) Workstations

Well after looking at my horrid desk posted earlier I cleaned up. Here is the "cleaned up" version (won't last long) :D

o m g... too many... icons.. on ..desktop! :o

^ hahah sarcasm?

i like it just do some wire management..some twisties, or if ur happy with it ur happy with it :)

I know about the wire management. Couldn't find my cable ties yesterday. Just reorganized yesterday.

my desktop:

psp with logic 3 sound dock

4th generation 20gb ipod

black sony ericsson k700i

e3010 emachine's computer

creative wireless keybored and mouse

packard bell speakers

toyota celica TRD tuned light up model

black leather chair

:D

post-144228-1141850573_thumb.jpg

o m g... too many... icons.. on ..desktop! :o

There isn't any shortcuts on my desktop, just either files I have worked on or stuff I have downloaded. I go through about every month or so and delete everything or move it to the proper folder. I download everything to the desktop so I don't download all sorts of crap and forget to remove it from the machine. When it is staring at me when I turn it on it is a reminder to clean the crap out.

I usually have so many programs open I hardly see the desktop anyway. :p

Main Rig (everythign at stock speeds):

Asus a8n32-sli deluxe

Athlon 64 x2 4800+ stock cooling

2gb cosair XMS 3500Pro Dual Channel

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

2 x xfx 7800GTX (I toggle SLI for gaming none SLI for desktop)

2 x pioneer 110d DVD+/-RW 16x in silver

2 x Sata WD raptor 36gb 10k spin for boot array

Sata 160gb Seagate baracude 7,200 8mb for installign games and big applications

sata 400gb Seagate baracuda 7,200 8mb for local storage

2.5tb Raid 5 NAS fileserver for shared storage media, etc.

Mac Mini, aww bless it

1.25ghz G4

60gb 4,200 hdd

1gb Pc2700 Ram

Bluetooth & Airport Extreme.

DVD-ROM /CD-RW Drive

Displays:

3 x matching silver limited edition Dell 2001FP Screens, the left one is driven by the mac mini on DVI, the center and right are driven by themy Main windows PC in dual monitor mode.

Input Devices

Logitech Dinovo Desktop With a realy nice laptop type keyboard and media pad, and the Mx900 mouse.

Logitech G7 2.4ghz Gaming mouse (I use this a lot mor ethan the mx900)

I also have a bluetooth keybaord and a Mighty mouse for the Mac mini, but those are put away.

I have Synergy server installed on the PC and Client installedon the Mac so I can use the PCs input devices seamlessley on the Mac, as well as share the clipbaord, it works realy well ,sometimes you forget the mac is a seperate machine, and get reminded when you try to drag a window over . :yes:

Speakers

I currently have a rather old Creative Labs 6.1 setup , I think the model number is 5700 or soemthing like that. for the mac mini, i feed the line out socket to the line in of the PC`s sound card.

Some day soon I will ditch these for a set of logitech Z5500 speakers, When I get around to it.

Heres the Pictures:

No Flash:

13gd2.th.jpg

Flash:

25rd.th.jpg

Mac:

35ww.th.jpg

Rig Closed (needs cleaning):

40ln.th.jpg

Rig Open (yes I know i nee dto sort the cables :p ):

59gl.th.jpg

Wireless Control Pad (o nthe sub , too much clutter on the desk already) :

67tz.th.jpg

You cna see the 2 portable devices on my desk, my XDA 2i and my zen portable media center, they will both be for sale soon, I am waiting fo rmy XDA Exec, and my 2 4gb SD cards to arrive, this will replace the functions of both devices.

I just sold my PSP, because I dont like them, I think they are cheap and poor performing, and very over rated. And typicaly for Sony, over priced for what you get.

^^ that is actually my dream rig! i actually have a sketch of it in my notepad!

dude, good on you. you have done well.

ps. update your blog.

Heres mine

What you see on my desk... Logitech X-530 (Getting new ones soon) ATI Remote Wonder II, Dell 2005FPW, Creative Zen Micro 5GB, Dell Axim X30 High (624MHz) and a CA CVL1068 mic

Then theres my Digital Persona fingerprint reader

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/digitalpersona_4000b

Razer Copperhead laser mouse

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/razer_copperhead

The keyboard and the wireless mouse on the desk - Logitech MX3000

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/logitech_mx3000

Mouse - Logitech G5

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/logitech_g5

Mousepad - Func sUrface 1030 Archetype

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/func_surface_1030_archetype

Yeah thats about it

img00325ro.jpg

comp1.JPG

Main Rig (everythign at stock speeds):

Asus a8n32-sli deluxe

Athlon 64 x2 4800+ stock cooling

2gb cosair XMS 3500Pro Dual Channel

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

2 x xfx 7800GTX (I toggle SLI for gaming none SLI for desktop)

2 x pioneer 110d DVD+/-RW 16x in silver

2 x Sata WD raptor 36gb 10k spin for boot array

Sata 160gb Seagate baracude 7,200 8mb for installign games and big applications

sata 400gb Seagate baracuda 7,200 8mb for local storage

2.5tb Raid 5 NAS fileserver for shared storage media, etc.

Mac Mini, aww bless it

1.25ghz G4

60gb 4,200 hdd

1gb Pc2700 Ram

Bluetooth & Airport Extreme.

DVD-ROM /CD-RW Drive

Displays:

3 x matching silver limited edition Dell 2001FP Screens, the left one is driven by the mac mini on DVI, the center and right are driven by themy Main windows PC in dual monitor mode.

Input Devices

Logitech Dinovo Desktop With a realy nice laptop type keyboard and media pad, and the Mx900 mouse.

Logitech G7 2.4ghz Gaming mouse (I use this a lot mor ethan the mx900)

I also have a bluetooth keybaord and a Mighty mouse for the Mac mini, but those are put away.

I have Synergy server installed on the PC and Client installedon the Mac so I can use the PCs input devices seamlessley on the Mac, as well as share the clipbaord, it works realy well ,sometimes you forget the mac is a seperate machine, and get reminded when you try to drag a window over . :yes:

Speakers

I currently have a rather old Creative Labs 6.1 setup , I think the model number is 5700 or soemthing like that. for the mac mini, i feed the line out socket to the line in of the PC`s sound card.

Some day soon I will ditch these for a set of logitech Z5500 speakers, When I get around to it.

damnnnnnnn!!! that's amazing :huh: :blink: can i please get a link to that wallpaper set :) thanks!

^^ that is actually my dream rig! i actually have a sketch of it in my notepad!

dude, good on you. you have done well.

ps. update your blog.

Thanks.

I dont have time for my blog these days, but hopefully some day soon I will start updating it again.

damnnnnnnn!!! that's amazing :huh: :blink: can i please get a link to that wallpaper set :) thanks!

Thanks.

The wallpaper set is on Devientart as one big 4800x1200 image, I sliced it into 2 a 1600x1200 and a 3200x1200 so I could use it on the Mac and the PC.

I cant remember exactly where on devientart, but if you PM me your email adress I will send you it.

been watching this thread allot, thought it was about time i uploaded pics of mine.

[pics]

No offence, but those Microsoft keyboard/mouse looks horrible :x . Damn microsoft designers :no: Logitech for me :whistle: :D

What are you using for the NAS box? a PC or a dedi stand alone NAS box?

A PC server i built , its a dedicated fileserver though, it runs windows server 2003 off a hardware raid 1 boot array , this runs 8 400gb Drives in software raid 5 giving me roughly 2.5tb usable space.

Before this I used to use those lacie 1tb extrenal drives on a baic PC shared on the network without any raid, but I found them very unreliable, and Im not up for loosing my valuable Media, so I decided it was worth while investign in a big Raid 5 setup.

No offence, but those Microsoft keyboard/mouse looks horrible :x . Damn microsoft designers :no: Logitech for me :whistle: :D

nah they're great. had this about 3 weeks now, and hasn?t lost its soft ke:D:D. Admittedly it looks allot better with the wrist rest on the keyboard. but i don?t have room for that.

Looks like one of the designs by -kol Link

It looks the same style, but it wasnt from ther,e although it was from devientart, maybe it was a rip off of his designs.

My first desktop posted here, but...

Here's mine...

That red wall and wooden furniture and floor looks very engronomic. Very pleasing to the eyes.

Heres mine...

Computer

im0013339md.jpg

Best TV in the world ;)

im0013357df.jpg

Printer on the other side of the room...

im0013363ev.jpg

Hey there. I need all of your input on this one. I'm thinking of redesigning my whole workstation area. It currently looks like this; any idea on where to put things to make the whole room look and feel good?

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

Any help would be great. Thanks guys. :D

Hey there. I need all of your input on this one. I'm thinking of redesigning my whole workstation area. It currently looks like this; any idea on where to put things to make the whole room look and feel good?

http://yasrsly.com/desk/help/IMG_1862.JPG[/img

http://yasrsly.com/desk/help/IMG_2072.JPG[/img

http://yasrsly.com/desk/help/IMG_2075.JPG[/img

http://yasrsly.com/desk/help/IMG_2079.JPG[/img

Any help would be great. Thanks guys. :D

an apple computer with a CRT? :o

an apple computer with a CRT? :o

It's not a Mac,its just got a Mac keyboard and a few Mac stickers. Oh, and the Flurry screensaver. :p