My DS Lite is being held hostage!

I've had an email from www.yesasia.com saying that if I want my pre-ordered Nintendo DS Lite to be shipped on release day (today), I have to pay an extra $100 (50%) for the priviledge. Otherwise I have to wait another month at least.

Demand is outstripping supply by a ridiculous amount, partly due to a manufacturing fault that means less that less than 100,000 machines will be available in Japan tomorrow (250,000 were originally planned). Not only this, but only 450,000 will be available this month, as opposed to the 1,000,000 planned. Coupled with the fact that the original Nintendo DS has been sold out in Japan for a couple of months now, and there has been no pre-order scheme organised... There could be miniature riots in Japan's game shops in a few hours' time. Nintendo are even delaying the release of several new games so that they don't increase demand any more, it's insane!

Because I've ordered from a Hong Kong based company, their supply is through unofficial channels, and these suppliers are the ones creating the massively inflated pricing for people like me. I sold my original DS last month in preparation for the new model, and it's going to be another month now. I've tried playing old-fashioned games on my PC and Gamecube while I wait, but they just seem so boring and outdated in comparison to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and Meteos. My Nintendog, Russel the Labrador, must be absolutely filthy, starving and parched now too... He's probably abandoned me, just as I was starting to win the tougher frisbee contests.

:cry:

Well, obviously... Then again "worth" is all relevant... As much as I'd like to have the thing now, I can't justify the extra $100. If I were made of money, I'd probably go for it.

Old-fashioned games just don't interest me much now, I've been DSless for a month, and I've got a pile of games on my desk that I can't play :(

Man that sucks. I was gonna pre-order one but I guess thats out the window. I might as well wait for it to be release in the US in a month or two (hopefully). Also hope that it'll be cheap(er than importing).

I just got a very similar email from Lik-sang. They said my DS was going from $169 to $199 and I should wait several weeks before it might ship :cry:

They said they wouldn't charge my card until it's physically shipped the DS to me. So in that sense they are giving me the opportunity to cancel my order, i'm not sure about the whole legality of it.

On a seperate note, on ebay there's a guy selling one with a starting bid of ?500 and a buy-it now of ?1000 including 2 DS games!! Get real...

Edit: ?1000 DS Lite