PSP Firmware Question

I am looking at purchasing a PSP. I am guessing that it will have the latest firmware 2.6. I also understand that this will limit me on homebrew games/emulators. I own every Nintendo console there is and a big fan of Zelda. I would like to play some of the zelda games using the emulators for the PSP. I personality feel that since I own the console and the game that having it on the PSP is not of illegal (but that is that grey area). Anyways, the reason why I am here is to ask if there is a way to downgrade the firmware so that I can get those options back or am I stuck with 2.6?

I do not want the DS as I personally like the features of the PSP over the DS. The DS looks like a modified Gameboy to me and the PSP looks cool :)

Thanks,

(hopefully with the word emulator this will not be deleted). I am not asking how to get those and where. :)

I am looking at purchasing a PSP. I am guessing that it will have the latest firmware 2.6. I also understand that this will limit me on homebrew games/emulators. I own every Nintendo console there is and a big fan of Zelda. I would like to play some of the zelda games using the emulators for the PSP. I personality feel that since I own the console and the game that having it on the PSP is not of illegal (but that is that grey area). Anyways, the reason why I am here is to ask if there is a way to downgrade the firmware so that I can get those options back or am I stuck with 2.6?

I do not want the DS as I personally like the features of the PSP over the DS. The DS looks like a modified Gameboy to me and the PSP looks cool :)

Thanks,

(hopefully with the word emulator this will not be deleted). I am not asking how to get those and where. :)

2.6 can now run homebrew or at least there is a crack to do it with GTA. I personally haven't done it but there is no need to downgrade now. Just google "PSP homebrew 2.6"

Edited by Basho1