All Time Greatest GameCube Game?

Im quite interested to know what everyones all time favourite cube game is, and why (and if i dont have any of them, i will get them :D)

Its so hard, there are just so many that i have lost hours (more like days actually) of my life to, but i think mine would have to be either Zelda Wind Waker, for single player, and Monkey Ball 1 for multi...

i think mine would have to be either Zelda Wind Waker, for single player, and Monkey Ball 1 for multi...

I would have to agree with that. Metroid Prime is a close second to Zelda for single-player.

I don't know dude that is pretty tough, Eternal Darkness is one hell of a game... But over all favorite game is probably Super Smash Brothers Melee, however I do love Wind Waker. Chibi-Robo deserves honarable mention too, I LOVE that game :p.

My all-time favorite Gamecube game has to be Super Smash Brothers Melee, as I'm a big fan ever since it came out on the N64. I've probably played this game over 3000 hours easily, and still continue to do so at least one hour a day. Zelda was a good game, but the new "comic-style" engine they chose kinda ruined it for me. Although, I am heavily looking forward to the Revolution and will be buying one. :)

You are right, Eternal Darkness was absolutely awesome, man i had forgotten about that game, im half tempted to play through it again. What a great concept, and some of those times when you walk in a room and your on the cieling did just have me sitting there thinking 'what the...'. I never really got into super smash brothers, a friend had it on the 64 and he loved it, i suppose its cos every time time i played it i just got thrashed, but is it really that good? must be able to get it seriously cheap, maybe i might pick up a copy...

Also Joel, you are definately right, metroid prime is a classic - i have always been a major fan of the metroid games though, ever since the nes one where it was just so easy to get lost. Though i didnt really enjoy echoes very much, i must admit i was rather disappointed, hopefully though a great one will come out on the revolution that will revive my faith...

Best Game: Metroid Prime

Best Fighter: Soul Caliber

Best Action: Resident Evil 4

Best Horror: Eternal Darkness

Best RPG: Skies of Arcadia

Runners up: Zelda:WW, Ikaruga

Ikaruga was a great game, so hectic, not often you get a game like that i find, at least, not since r type. I did enjoy skies of arcadia, but i think it was lacking somehting. But on the topic of RPG's, has anyone played Path of Radiance? call me crazy but i used to absolutely love shining force 3 on the saturn, and it looks as if it has quite similar gameplay to that, i havnt really heard much about it though...

I didnt play my brothers gamecube alot, it really didnt appeal to me (I was a huge N64 nutter). The three games I played through were windwaker, mario kart and mario sunshine, all werent bad but all were done better on the N64.

Mario party is always fun for multiplayer but. Not the best game but it can be a good way to throw an hr away with mates

Graphically : Resident Evil 4

Single Player : Zelda WW

Multi Player : Super Monkey Ball 2 / Donkey Konga

If I had to pick one game, it would have to be Resident Evil 4. I really want to try Eternal Darkness though.

Runners Up:

1) Super Smash Bros. Melee

2) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

3) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) :p

I would have to say Metroid Prime on the basis of its presentation was amazing, very atmospheric and graphically impressive to boot.

Metroid Prime. I bought a Gamecube fo rit. It's the only game I've ever done that with at that point, it's also the only game that I waited until night to play, turned off everything in my room that emitted any light or sound besides my TV and speakers etc. It was an amazing experience and a wonderful transition into 3D. One of the most atmospheric games ever. I have a few minor complaints with it, such as low difficulty and somewhat linear path, but it's still fantastic.

Eternal Darkness would probably be runner-up. That game to me is what Resident Evil should of been - fun. I've never enjoyed an RE game anywhere near as much as Eternal Darkness.

I've still yet to play Metroid Prime 2 though, and I only got to spend 6 hours or so with Wind Waker. Whenever I buy another cube I'll get into Wind Waker.

Resident Evil 4, Zero and the other remakes. Especially the first Resident Evil, brought so many memories back playing it again.

Other games which I loved playing were Metroid Prime and SSBM.

MGS:TS was great too :p

wow soo many great games!

Zelda WW

RE4

Metroid prime

SSBM

underrated games

Enter the matrix (only good on GC)

Wrestlemania 19

Super Mario Sunshine

your an idiot why would you ever consider anything other than a ZELDA game for a nintendo system

I'm going to go with Resident Evil 4, i bought a Gamecube for it and played it to death.

I think Twilight Princess will be better when its released.