PS3 Officially Delayed

The only fact is that Sony is being very vague about the launch of the PS3. Before they would mention Spring 2006, but spring is here, where's the PS3? If it's on its way, why haven't wee seen any ads, demos, games, anything?

The only fact is that Sony is being very vague about the launch of the PS3. Before they would mention Spring 2006, but spring is here, where's the PS3? If it's on its way, why haven't wee seen any ads, demos, games, anything?

Yeah exactly.

I'm really surprised at how people believe Sony after all the lies. I mean common people, how many times are you going to realize their bull**** after years and years of it nonstop.

It's just blind faith is what it is...

They can't ship something they don't have...

wow you've been to sony hq and their factories? please tell us more

Yeah exactly.

I'm really surprised at how people believe Sony after all the lies. I mean common people, how many times are you going to realize their bull**** after years and years of it nonstop.

It's just blind faith is what it is...

what lies?

Evidently its quite hard for some people to believe reality .. :whistle: :D

yes aparently it is...

the only reality is that sony is saying spring, so untill sony says somthing else or there is no ps3 to be seen anywhere in the world by june 21 it's not delayed

i wouldnt mind it being delayed in fact

better late and awesome than early and half assed

it's just that people seem to take speculation as facts, which is annoying

I don't think the PS3 will be out by then, I would say more along the lines of Q3/Q4. But nevertheless, the topic title is misleading. It's not actually official. And what are the Microsoft fanatics doing here anyway?

The PS3 will probably be delayed but there has been no confirmation of this yet,

Every said is just people putting logic together because they have not seen or heard any details about the console or games. That being said, its not improbably that they do exist its just that maybe you haven't had the priveledge to be let in on any details.

Facts aside, it would be a miracle for Sony to be right on this and get it out by this Spring but until it comes from Sony the only thing you can say with evidence is a Spring release with the high possibility of delay to a holiday release.

Apologies if it wasn't officially delayed.. I was just going by the article. But chances are we won't see it until winter here.. Whether or not they manage Spring for Japan I have no idea lol.. Hopefully they'll release the information soon.

yes aparently it is...

the only reality is that sony is saying spring, so untill sony says somthing else or there is no ps3 to be seen anywhere in the world by june 21 it's not delayed

Reality is not what Sony says, I would trust my own judgement and common sense to put together 2 and 2. Much of what they say is just smoke and mirrors.

And my comment was directed at you, that you find it difficult to come to terms of the imminent delay.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=15198

Top Japanese publisher drives another nail in the coffin for Sony's spring timeline claims

Namco Bandai president Takeo Takasu has publicly described Sony's current target of a Spring launch for the PlayStation 3 as "impossible", revealing that the top Japanese publisher is still waiting for information on the launch date.

"Without any announcements so far, the spring release is impossible," Takasu told Bloomberg in Tokyo this week. "We are developing titles for PlayStation 3, but the release of the games depends on the timing of the hardware."

Takasu's comments are likely to be seen as a final nail in the coffin for Sony's ambitions of a spring launch, as they come from the man at the head of one of the largest game publishers in Japan.

Namco Bandai has traditionally been a strong supporter of new hardware, as seen at the recent launch of the Xbox 360, for which the firm launched an update to the hugely successful Ridge Racer franchise, Ridge Racer 6.

The company is also a close collaborator with Sony; titles such as Tekken and Ridge Racer helped to establish the PlayStation brand, the most recent Soul Calibur title was a PlayStation 2 exclusive, and the firm also publishes a range of RPG and anime-licensed titles which are particularly successful in the Far East.

In other words, if Namco Bandai doesn't know when PlayStation 3 is going to be released right now, then it's safe to say that nobody does - and it also makes Sony's oft-repeated assertion that the PS3 will launch in spring look even less likely.

Not that that has stopped the hardware firm from repeating its statement. "Nothing has changed with our plans," SCEI spokesperson Nanako Kato told Bloomberg, referring to the spring launch date which was originally floated at E3 last May.

While the Japanese release date remains a complete unknown - with some publishers still aiming for early summer, while others don't expect to see the system until autumn - publishers in the west are mostly working towards a Q3/Q4 launch in North America, followed by a Q1 2007 launch in Europe - despite reassurances from Sony that the system will hit Europe before the end of the year.

As for Takasu, he's not pinning Namco Bandai's colours to any mast regarding the release date of the system, telling Bloomberg that he simply " would like Sony to release the PS3 this year for the Christmas season."

as long as it is not a 2007 release i am happy, by years end is cool, by then hopefully they would have enough games and the console will be stable (well as stable as the word can be defined anyway ... and then the scene of modding ... oh yeah baby, rock on)