Azureus = great client but java sucks on windows

Bitcomet = uses more memory but not as much as AZ, does download fast and can transverse those firewalls easier.

uTorrent = super lightweight and just enough features doesn't download as fast as Bitcomet though.

That is becoz most peers are still using Bitcomet and Bitcomet transfer faster between the same client.

people will alawys will have to be sure that has defects, i guess the habit of using the same old software for long time, makes them think that the new one has some kind of "CATCH" !!

That is evident on AV software for example, Norton users cant trust other software even if facts say that they are changing to better...

Just an example, i was norton addicted for long too...

Its a the human mind dealing with this new "need to pick the right one" software !!! Interesting

Everybody should enable encryption, btw on the Network menu in your preferences. It will help p2p as a whole due to shifty ISP's that mess with BT traffic. Read more about Bittorrent Encryption here:

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=1083

What do you mean by saying "shifty ISP that mess with BT traffic" ?

Also, how do i update? Do i just replace the .exe ?

' date='Mar 9 2006, 00:32' post='587285075']

What do you mean by saying "shifty ISP that mess with BT traffic" ?

Also, how do i update? Do i just replace the .exe ?

Some ISP's implement a way of limiting the amount of torrent packets to your machine, resulting in very bad download speeds.

The auto-update isn't working yet. If you would like to see if happen just wait and it will do it soon, most probably the maximum amount of time you should wait is tommorow. As ludde is waiting for mirrors so he doesn't get a MASSIVE influx of people downloading the update at once.

1.5 has the same download rates for me, but man, the UPLOAD rate is SLOOOOW!! On a private tracker last night, I downloaded a 1.4GB file @ an avg. dl rate of 590Kbps; the upload avg. transfer rate was 10.8Kbps... at that speed, it takes forever to hit a 1:1 dl/ul ratio..... BTW, I actually believe in sharing at least the same amount as I download...I have the same settings as I used in all previous versions (just "install" the new version over the top).....Any ideas?

1.5 has the same download rates for me, but man, the UPLOAD rate is SLOOOOW!! On a private tracker last night, I downloaded a 1.4GB file @ an avg. dl rate of 590Kbps; the upload avg. transfer rate was 10.8Kbps... at that speed, it takes forever to hit a 1:1 dl/ul ratio..... BTW, I actually believe in sharing at least the same amount as I download...I have the same settings as I used in all previous versions (just "install" the new version over the top).....Any ideas?

yea i have noticed this as well the past 2 version have really fubard my upload rate its taken me 4 days to give back 100 % seed ratio

--- 2006-03-08: Version 1.5 (build 437)

- Change: Lower # of pieces started at the same time

- Fix: Fix issue when compact allocation getting enabled even though it's off

- Fix: Tab icons now transparent

Hmm... that's weird, I'm maxing out on upload still. 85kbps.

upload rates depend on many factors including the torrent, the swarm, your network, your router, and a host of other things. Blaming things like that solely on a client is ignorant.

For all the people who need to be educated about the Peerfactor thing, simply read the message on the homepage of http://www.utorrent.com where it says "?Torrent is not associated with any anti-P2P organization"

--- 2006-03-08: Version 1.5 (build 437)

- Change: Lower # of pieces started at the same time

- Fix: Fix issue when compact allocation getting enabled even though it's off

- Fix: Tab icons now transparent

Autoupdated :) thank you for the changelog!

Excuse me Mr. 'DomZ' but that is NOT clear. Didnt say something like this "Sends 'Anonymous' statistics

to the uTorrent site (?? and could be another one, why not?)". That could be ANYTHING determine the number of ?Torrent users>.

:oo Good to know!. Because the changelog DIDNT say that too!.

And you are? :shifty::

?Torrent is not associated with any anti-P2P organization. Read More..

Recently, ?Torrent has been the subject of numerous articles as a result of the contract between ?Torrent's sole creator and developer, Ludvig Strigeus ("ludde"), and PeerFactor.

While PeerFactor has been involved in anti-P2P activities in the past, there is a large amount of misinformation being spread about ?Torrent, PeerFactor and the nature of the agreement.

No change has been made to ?Torrent as a result of the contract, and no changes will be made in the future. ?Torrent contains no anti-P2P component, IP logging or other monitoring as falsely reported by some websites, and is not affiliated with the RIAA or MPAA.

PeerFactor is no longer associated with RetSpan, and furthermore, Ludvig is in no way affiliated with RetSpan. Ludvig does not "work for RetSpan", nor does he work for PeerFactor.

The PeerFactor software that Ludvig is associated with is not anti-P2P software, unlike the PeerFactor program run by RetSpan in 2004, now discontinued. The head of PeerFactor states that "we do not distribute any fake file over P2P, but only useful content" (source).

The PeerFactor agreement does not give PeerFactor access to ?Torrent's source code. The only work done by Ludvig for PeerFactor consisted of the development of a single DLL which provides an implementation of BitTorrent for the PeerFactor software. Ludvig is not involved in the development of any other part of PeerFactor.

PeerFactor's software is going to be used to create a legal downloading service for webmasters to distribute large content more easily, as specified in the contract, nothing else.

Ludvig remains the only person with access to ?Torrent's source code. ?Torrent remains closed-source to prevent clones and modifications such as DHT hacks, not to conceal anti-P2P code. ?Torrent will not become open-source as a result of the controversy over the agreement.

Please refrain from spreading misinformation about ?Torrent. Should you have further concerns about the integrity of the program, please raise them in the ?Torrent community forums.

http://utorrent.com/index.php#notice