xpsp1 and win2k

so i got a german copy of win2k and an english one of wxp at home

therefore i downloaded the english xpsp1

i executed it under win2k and it extracted all the files, but then it said something like "your win2k files cannot ..."

is it possible to install a localized sp1 (german) over win2k ??

i?m confused and can?t try it cause 137mb on a crappy isdn line suck

thr33face, you are like trying to fit into size 12 shoes when you are only size 8. Both OS's are different and WinXP SP1 is designed only for WinXP not for Win2K. Ibetheone is right, you need to dl Win2k sp3 to update Win2k.

The only way I could see this really as being a problem is if you which I would never recomend doing this ...is installing them to the same partion ....where they share common files like Profiles/Program Files .....I have seen this done ....where winxp occupied a "windows" and Win2000 occupied "winnt" folder and the service pack would automatically without the use of switches try to install to the WINNT folder...

Originally posted by ibetheone

What are you smoking crack? You cannot install windows xp sp1 on win2k, its only meant for windows xp. This is not possible, you should install sp3 for win2k by the way.

lmao u can extract the files using win rar but i dunno wot u would do with em lol :cheeky: