• eMac
    • G3 PowerMac
    • G4 PowerMac
    • ibook
    • G4 Cube
    • PowerBook (G3/G4)
    • other
    • none

Ya im on spare right now n thought of what all the mac owners on neowin own lol ;), well i dont own a mac yet :'( but im on a mac right now (OS 9) n its a bondi G3 with hockey puck mouse n keyboard thats hard to type on lol.....

well i'm getting (hopefully):

Dual 867 Powermac

-512 megs more ram around the time i get it

-40 more gigs of storage (100 gigs total)

-dvd-rom drive (16x)

-19" flatscreen monitor (1600x1200 res)

expensive as hell tho :( but its a grad present and the taxes make it seem like 14% more than a fortune lol

Error : 404

Sorry, the page your visiting (/error/404.shtml) could not be found or is currently not opperational.

Details

IP : 206.45.239.10

Refering URL : http://www.zeebit.com/neowin.html/bboard/s...15&pagenumber=1

Requested URL : /error/404.shtml

Server Name : www.zeebit.com

Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.15; Mac_PowerPC)

Status Code : (none)

lol i already posted to that but this is a poll sort of thingy lol :s

Originally posted by wtmcgee

g4 iMac 17" :D

niccccce...can someone say richie ;) lol

actually if i get the powermac i want it will be the same price as a 17" imac :s lol...mac prices are expensive now days

Originally posted by stuckwithme247

i just got a powermac g4 dual 867 on saturday and i am soooo happy with it. oh yea, i added 512mb ram giving it 768mb total and i put in the dvd-rw from my pc.

oh my :D, how is it on a scale of 1 - 5? and in the about this mac screen what does it say (i havent seen an about screen of a dual powermac)

Originally posted by stuckwithme247

uh... operating system!?!

the mac operating system doesn't exist anymore.

there only exists a gui for a operating system and this gui is called osx. just like gnome and kde.

or do you mean the old mac os?

Originally posted by tacheon

why are macs so behind in clock speeds? do they make up for it somewhere else?

there was a website updated today that listed the top 10-15 computers and #3 on the list for speed was a dual 1.25 ghz (faster than most of the 2.x ghz p4 computers ;)) but i think its so behind in clock speeds cuz of cache n such and that the G4 processor has been around since 99 or so

Originally posted by Silvorgold

there was a website updated today that listed the top 10-15 computers and #3 on the list for speed was a dual 1.25 ghz (faster than most of the 2.x ghz p4 computers ;)) but i think its so behind in clock speeds cuz of cache n such and that the G4 processor has been around since 99 or so

Please give me a link, because I'm be tickled pink to read an article comparing a dual-proc G4 rig to a single proc P4 rig, as well as what benchmarks and applications were used for the comparison.

Sounds pretty reasonable though. 2 x 1.25 = ~ 2.50 ghz vs. (at best) a single 2.8 ghz P4. Quite a feat there. And I'm sure they were using platform-neutral benchmarks. Wouldn't be optimized for the mac or anything, right? ;)