Question concerning PS1 and PS2 games on PS3

Will they receive any graphical enhancements a la XBOX on 360, such as better anti-aliasing, and will loading times increase and such, or will it be just like playing on a PS1/2?

They haven't released any info about that but I would guess 1080p with added FSAA. Loading times probably won't decrease much though.

The only thing we really know is that it is not running from dedicated hardware like the PS2 did with PS1 games but is running under emulation much like original Xbox games on the 360, however I would expect the emulator to be somewhat better than the 360 one and with greater compatability.

They haven't released any info about that but I would guess 1080p with added FSAA. Loading times probably won't decrease much though.

The only thing we really know is that it is not running from dedicated hardware like the PS2 did with PS1 games but is running under emulation much like original Xbox games on the 360, however I would expect the emulator to be somewhat better than the 360 one and with greater compatability.

Running under emulation? I thought the Cell Processor was doing the dirty work by itself?

It's completely different architecture, it must run much of the code under emulation... They could offer a way to run them at more native speed via emulation profiles like Microsoft does with the 360 but just wait and see.

backwards compatibility isn't that great, it was good for me when I only had a copule of PS2 games when I made the upgrade but I haven't popped in a PS1 disc in 4 years :s

backwards compatibility isn't that great, it was good for me when I only had a copule of PS2 games when I made the upgrade but I haven't popped in a PS1 disc in 4 years :s

But it lengthens the life of the console, and it means you don't have to change consoles everytime you want to play a PS1 game. I'm not really an avid PS1 gamer, I was more of a 64gamer back in that generation; but even I like to play some Soul Blade and DB Final Bout ^^

And, as for this generation -- Who the hell wants Ico and Shadow of the Collosus to disappear? You must be insane if you don't want those upscaled to 1080p with **** loads of anti-aliasing -- The Jaggies are the only flawed thing artistically. Take away that, and you have two of the most beautiful games ever.