!!Official Unreal Tournament 2003 Thread!!

Polishrob

Post all yout thoughts and discuss anything you want about Unreal Tournament 2003 !!

Of course I will start ! :)

I think teh demo is awsome and I cant wait for the final release! I just hope they will be done soon ! Not like...teh demo will be out in a few days.... 4 weeks later: teh demo will be out friday.... teh final game will not be made!

KeR

hmm having played the demo I must say that the game is OK. Yet I have also played the leaked game a while ago and it looked much better.

Polishrob

Leaked game? that sucked it had the worst loking gaphics possible... it was choppy and everything! Teh demo is much better! Try it out its only 100megs

KeR

ok like I said in the post above I tried the demo....I hate to break it to you but to make the demo size smaller they reduced the quality of the textures in the demo, so you see the leaked game does look much better.

Rusty.Metal

all im going to say is

"im glad its just a demo"

T.piz

The announcer is gay, but pretty much, this is a good game. I'm looking more forward to Raven Sheild though.

Timan

yea in the demo they removed high textures adn some decals it seems, the leaked versions looked 1000x better, but the demo runs so smoother.

phobic

I wasn't expecting anything totally different except the graphics so I think UT2003 is ok. I probably won't be buying it though considiring I'm tired of DM/CTF... blah blah.

jimmyt302

UT2003.......

i think it is missing a few tings....

1.) a real sniper riffle, i dont like the lightning gun at all. i see that the creators what to make the game fast with no campers, but i think there should be snipers!

2.) a few new weapons, they are almost all the same as UT

3.) the flak cannon was better in UT

besides that i like it so far, I love the original, but I THINK THAT I NEED TO SAY TO ALL OF THOES PEOPLE THAT SAY THE NEW GAME SUCKS, THAT ITS SAPOOSED TO BE A NEW GAME, IF IT WAS ALL THE SAME AS UT, THEN WHAT WOULD THE POINT BE OF MAKING THE GAME BE? There wouldn't be one...

Bombing run is cool and it runs great on my Geforce3 TI200. this will be the first game i that i will buy since duke nuken 3d. haha

Polishrob

I have to gree with you about the lightning gun.... it sucks... a good sniper rifle should fill its spot...oh and your eight abou new weapons.... they should make the game more interesting instead of just changing the look...i could change my skins in CS... maybe we can do it in UT 2005 ?

Polishrob

ok which leaked game are u talkin about? what build ? the only leaked one I played was 906

KeR
Originally posted by Xdrian

ok which leaked game are u talkin about? what build ? the only leaked one I played was 906

Redmak

Unplayable on my hardware and as usual the min specs make me laugh.

Processor: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733 MHz processor

Memory: 128 MByte RAM

Video: 16 MB TNT2-class video card

Can anyone really play a decent game with this?

Max

arse here is what i have to say about ut2003, (coppied as i wrote on another message b0ard)

ut2003 is over graphical. for example when you go to shoot someone with primary of the link gun, you cannot see past the ****ty bullets.

the karma engine RULES, but apart from that it does not even come close to UT. weapons are much weaker now. in UT if you had a perfect aim on someone, the kill would be instant, now they have 'balanced' according to the wishes of every bitching n00b out there, a fight will usually take more time, just having to shoot wildly @ player without skill or stealth.

the style of the game has gone down the ****e hole also. ut was cool for its simple, but nice models with perfect textures. now, however, we see everyone is a big fat arse with ****ty rusted 'looks'. maps are now more diverse with massive open areas, these would be brilliant to add a new level of gameplay to ut, but when you have crap weapons that make a flash to blind you and also have to look trough all this grass and trees it makes it hard to even see who you are trying to shoot with any detail.

ITS SLOW, WEAPONS ARE NOW WEAK AND ****E, STYLE IS CRAP, SCOREBOARD IS NOW TOTALLY ****ED UP, UWINDOWS HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED FOR CRAPPY N00B STANDARD GAME MENUS!!!

the demo is fun, but it is NOTHING compared to UT

uniacid

yea man its too graphical, my radeon 9000 pro handles it well but its jut got too much the weapons arent as good also. and wtf 3GB to install? It is fun but to take up 3 gb's :/ hell no.

What will the recommended system requirements be?

Operating System: WIN 98/ME/2000/XP

CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733MHz processor (*Pentium? or AMD 1.0 GHz or greater RECOMMENDED)

Memory: 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM or greater RECOMMENDED)

Hard Disk Space: 3 GB

CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM: 8X

Audio System: Windows? compatible sound card (*Sound Blaster? Audigy series sound card RECOMMENDED) (NVIDIA? nForce? or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby? Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. Also RECOMMENDED)

Video System: 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (*32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX? version 6 compliant video card. (*NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX? version 8.1 (Included on game disc)

Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem

BananaMan

One of the things they (the people behind UT2003) were really interested about was people's feedback from the demo, so they could take that feedback and make the final game better. A lot of people have the same feeling that the weapons are too ****-weak, so I think there's a good chance that it will change.

I have to agree that the demo didn't quite live up to the expectations I had for it, and definately isn't on par with the original UT.. but it is just a demo. I got high hopes that the full version will be a hell of a lot better.

And hey, the demo ain't amazing, but it's still fun. Bombing Run kicks ass and the graphics are gorgeous, and lag isn't too bad in multiplayer even with my 28.8k max line speed!

Oh, and uniacid, I could be wrong, but I think it specifies 3gb's because it needs at least, say, 1 or 1.5 gb's to install the game and the rest for the swapfile and temp files and such.

Fil

Being a great lover of UT I was eagerly awaiting the demo of UT 2003. Having upgraded my PC with a faster CPU and a GeForce 4 card I was hoping for some spectacular stuff.

I didn't feel dissapointed. A few brief points are listed below .... no lower, keep going ... bit lower .... whoaa stop there.

The gfx are nice, the textures are great. Vastly improved skins on the players.

Bombing run! Excellent. Like it.

AI? The bots seem a little weaker and not as intelligent as UT. Or have I just improved?

The weapons are poor, tho you can still kill in one with a head shot using the new sniper lightning thing. But it does take more to kill than UT.

Personally I can't wait for the game, its definately an "upgrade" on the original UT. MMMmmm...

Polishrob

And UT2003 has finally gone GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Daybreak

Dunnoe.. I kinda hated the grass/plants/bushes/foilage thing..

Played the beta and not the demo, but even then, the grass was one helluva distracting.. hard to fight open combat because your opponent could suddenly disappear into the grass, then pop up behind you...

and WHAM BAM POW.. dead.

At least in SSE2 (the only other game I could remember with grass), the enemies were taller than the grass, making them standout.

nomis_nehc

I liked it. But I must admit, it does require less skills to play it now. Though I am still usually at the top of the chart, but it's kinda funny cuz lots of times, people would just go crazy with rocket and get lucky shots here and there.

And ya, this game is extremely fast assed paced. The only gripe I have is that I only get 40 or so fps on my machine though.

spec

xp 2000+

1 gig of ddr ram

gf4 ti 300/600

an friggin audigy (just got it and they are going to announce audigy 2?! ba$tards...)

btw, and it's 1024x768 with normal settings.

Polishrob

IMHO The grass make everything look sooooo much better i mean if u just had plain ground...... what would that look like ? it would look like s***! At least i thinkso :p

Polishrob
Originally posted by nomis_nehc

spec

xp 2000+

1 gig of ddr ram

gf4 ti 300/600

an friggin audigy (just got it and they are going to announce audigy 2?! ba$tards...)

btw, and it's 1024x768 with normal settings. [/b]

Wow with those specs you should be gettin higher.... which GF Ti? i have a Radeon8500Dv(slowest radeon u can find) and i get the same fps as u with a slow proc... less ram.. and card :p

Kyrous_Kaoz

imma have to aggree with a bit of y'alls opinions. I think UT2003 looks to be a promising game and having played the demo it looks pretty fun. I have found certain flaws on it however:

1) Its a bit Quakish now and although Quake is a great game, UT has kinda lost its identity

2) Too many of the same weps

3) No good sniper rifle!!

----

think those 3 are major..lets see wut its like in the full game

Joseph Zollo

I'm able to get 40-60 FPS on my system @ 1024x768, P4 1.85 GHz (OC'd), 768MB RDRAM, GF4 Ti4600. I think the demo is great, been playing it a lot recently. The only thing I don't like is the lack of maps, there are only about 4.

And UT2003 has finally gone GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!!!!

I only wonder how long before it reaches IRC :cool:

dacbo

how can you complain about the maps in a demo - the demo is supposed to mkae you buy the full game with all the maps in it

imo ut2k3 is a lot better than the original, the physics are well kool and the maps are wicked, my problems are with the lack of smiper rifle and the fact that all the weapons are basically the same as UT oh and the fact that they gave it a goddamn stupid name, why not just UT2???

oh and on my computer:

axp 1800+

256mb pc2100

gf4 ti 4200

i can run the game max detail (that the demo will allow) with 4xs AA and 8x asitropic with absolutely no noticable slowdown