Final Fantasy..

Hey,

Can someone confirm which final fantasies on the PS2 are online only?

I want to get a new one, i have played ff7 and 8 and want a non online one.. :unsure:

please advise!!

ta muchly

chris

Edited by BGM

Hmmm yeah

10-2 can only barely be called a Final Fantasy game IMO!

10 was pretty poor too. but thats just my opinion.

FF7 !! FF7 !!!!!

only the best :D

TOTALLY agree. Although VIII Was amazing too.

Cool,

cheers for the clarification..

bit worried none of the newer ones will live up to 7 and 8 :/

how is ff9?

also do you know a definitive release date for XII, i seem to keep reading conflicting dates..

final fantasy 11 is the only one that's online. your only bet right now is 10 and 10-2...but i suggest 10, 10-2 sucked horribly.

Imo 10 wasn't too good itself. The story was terrible. The last FF game I enjoyed was FF8.

FF9 is pretty good, it's set in medieval times. It's quite good actually, well worth a play!!

bit worried none of the newer ones will live up to 7 and 8

Dude, nothing can live up to 7 & 8. ;)

I thought that FF 10 was really good - even the story was good. I even thought FF 10-2 was a nice addition to the story. If you enjoyed 7 and 8, you'll like these two games.

Final Fantasy IX?! I thought they skipped VIII and went to X with the little amount of attention that IX recieved... LoL :p

Nah, FF9 is really good, its based on the system of the earlier FF games, I to VI. There are also alot of good remakes coming out for the NintendoDS, My eyes are set on Final Fantasy III, which is being remade into a 3D Final Fantasy game..

(Final Fantasy III refers to the Nintendo/Famicom version, not the horrifically translated Final Fantasy III for SNES, which is really Final Fantasy VI)

ffxii is scheduled to release in october of 2006, according to gamestop. i stopped by today and got one of the guys i know who works there to check the release schedule.

:shiftyninja:

final.jpg

FFX was pretty awesome IMO, while FFX-2 was a complete letdown. I mean seriously, WTF was with that game...

FFXII is definately different but looks promising. FFX-style graphics (from what I've seen), a new battle system (I've been leaning towards real-time lately... so much better than random battles) and the potential for a great storyline... come on Mr. European release date! :no:

In the meantime though us European RPG fans have Dragon Quest to look forward too... :shifty:

Icedevil: I think you're mistaken. FF Origins is a compilation of FF1/2 is I remember correctly. Anthologies is 6 and 5, and Chronicles is 4 and Chrono Trigger. All are worth the cheap price tag they now carry, if you have no other way of playing these gems.

FFIX is probably my favorite FF game. It's wonderful, definately suggest it. I see it used for 10$ all the time anyways.

Icedevil: I think you're mistaken. FF Origins is a compilation of FF1/2 is I remember correctly. Anthologies is 6 and 5, and Chronicles is 4 and Chrono Trigger. All are worth the cheap price tag they now carry, if you have no other way of playing these gems.

FFIX is probably my favorite FF game. It's wonderful, definately suggest it. I see it used for 10$ all the time anyways.

Yup, no one pays attention to these gems anymore.

They were a hell of a lot better than the new FF's with exception to maybe 7. 4 and 6 were probably my favorite throughout the entire series.

That was my first FF game and it's also my favourite. Goddamn kickass (Y)

^I think I'll have to replay FFIX, I never finished it. I just got bored with it, but that was when it came out, and I'm a different gamer now. I should pop it back in and retry it.

personally i would suggest you try some of the old school FF, many people (including me) think that FFVII was the downfall of FF (but then FFVII brought the serie to the "mainstream")