Intel iMac running XP!

I still have my doubts on the picture look on the right hand side somethings hideing a portion of the screen, until I see a video of it I'm not beliving it.

I still have my doubts on the picture look on the right hand side somethings hideing a portion of the screen, until I see a video of it I'm not beliving it.

we'll see soon, im sure he's anxious to get his money

I think its ironic that someone would buy a iMac and then go and put Windows on it, I mean the reason for spending more money on the hardware is because its the only way to get OSX Tiger.

:blink: I hat0rz win(M$)d0z but I run it on my ma(tiger)c..? I guess maybe for programs that are only for windows but there are freeware alternatives? :whistle:

I mean the reason for spending more money on the hardware is because its the only way to get OSX Tiger.

Not for me. I like the looks, and the quality. OS X is certainly not all it's cracked up to be for me. However that is a different discussion so please keep this thread on topic (Y)

I think its ironic that someone would buy a iMac and then go and put Windows on it, I mean the reason for spending more money on the hardware is because its the only way to get OSX Tiger.

:blink: I hat0rz win(M$)d0z but I run it on my ma(tiger)c..? I guess maybe for programs that are only for windows but there are freeware alternatives? :whistle:

He's not just doing it for the hell of it. Theres a cash prize involved.

What? Isn't that just his curtain that's in all the other pics?

so why the watermark on this version of XP?

may be a trial verion, or a version he had laying aorund w/ a beta of SP2 slipstreamed into it

the photos are legit, check the curves and histograms in photoshop or aperature, whatever you use and play with the gamma ect... they aren't fakes. thats for sure.

what about airport extreme drivers. have any of those guys actually made it work? Is that the next best adventure?

It's running fine on Linux, so I expect Windows drivers won't be too hard to come by :)

http://mjg59.livejournal.com/60350.html

And...

Something else that may be of interest, if not related http://www.osxbook.com/book/bonus/misc/legacyboot/

what about airport extreme drivers. have any of those guys actually made it work? Is that the next best adventure?

the airport isnt the same one they used for the PPC macs, if i remember correctly it's an Intel chipset (hence why it supports b/g AND a

it's feasible. XP uses very little of the BIOS. I believe he'd be able to pull that off.

still... his inability to take decent pics is amazing :p

Yeah, I am with you on that. If this is real, it would be pretty sweet.

the airport isnt the same one they used for the PPC macs, if i remember correctly it's an Intel chipset (hence why it supports b/g AND a

But it's still a broadcom chip. The one thing I HATE about the mac and it's putting me off buying one.

So you are telling me you can't get a machine of equal or better specs than a mac machine?

But it's still a broadcom chip. The one thing I HATE about the mac and it's putting me off buying one.

i have had broadcom in my laptops for years...never had an issue.

Somebody tell me why you would spend all that money on a Imac to put xp on it?

becasuse they want a challange, thats what real hackers are about.