Man survives 135mph speed with no brakes

As if The Breakes, Gearbox and Accelerator would fail all at once. If you can't put it into Neutral/2nd Gear then Kill the ignition and slowly easy the hardbrake up gradually.

The brakes didn't fail at the same time as everything else, they failed as a result of the excessive speed, at full throttle i can understand why applying brakes may have just destroyed them...

If he'd switched off the engine in the BMW, his power steering would haev cut out, the steering would have locked up and therefore he would lost control of the car.

It was in an article in the Daily Mail yesterday (Saturday) here in the UK.

:| that happend on my mom's car all the time but just for like 2 seconds....they said that was a sensor on the engine or something like that.

btw. she has a Hyundai Accent

If he'd switched off the engine in the BMW, his power steering would haev cut out, the steering would have locked up and therefore he would lost control of the car.

It was in an article in the Daily Mail yesterday (Saturday) here in the UK.

Yes, but. He was on a COMPLETELY straight road, AND if he'd put the key back to the position before the engine is on it would not have locked, he would have just lost power steering, what do you think we did before power steering? He could have still steered the car.

*sigh*

This guy just paniced.

Why didn't he just do like they do in the CARTOONS.....right before it crashes....just open the

door and step out.......works all the time :blink:

Glad he survived it....sounds like he needed a new pair of pants when it was over.

:alien:

Sorry, but even if it was a straight road, there is no gurantee he would of gone in a straight line. I guess there was alot of cars around which would of been bad if he hit them.

the police cars had nearly caught up with him before he crashed, not sure what they would have tried to do if they caught him, if they nudge his car at that speed whos to know what would happen.

Accelerator got stuck, brakes didn't work, and the gearbox locked up - What a coincidence.... Or just pure bad luck :p

First thing I would do is hammer on the handbrake and/or switch the engine off !

ya know they coulda had 2 police cards box him in and brake slowly one on the side and one in front probably woulda stopped him

I don't think that'd be too effective at 135mph....I just can't see that happening.

Poor guy, that'd be as scary as hell...I've heard of things like this happening a few times, hes a lucky man to survive.

he couldnt turn engine off, as people stated the power steering would have locked, now fair enough if it was straight, but what about the other cars trying to get out of the way? some of them may not have had fast enough reactions to get out of the way thus makingit more dangerous

also, it said that the police cars couldnt catch up, so they couldnt box him in, although, if they had "catch up" enabled like NFSMW it would have been a different story

coooool, i want to drive at that speed OFF A CLIFF! :p that would be fun! apart from the whole death thing.

lol. Yer its a pain, We could do alot of fun things if we dident die at the end of it. Like jumping out of plains at full speed, with the gay things for geting us down safly lol. But yer then we would be a little bit dead lol.

What about the handbrake? If you pulled up on it (or pushed down, depending on the car) wouldn't it have locked the wheels up, slowing you down enough to be able to hit something slowly, but enough to stop you?