Man survives 135mph speed with no brakes

Man, i wish i could be as bad and as cool as you ollie_webbuk :sleep:

Maybe if you learn to structure an arguement one day you will be, so stop making useless posts and give me an arguement damn it!

I'm not saying speed is 'cool' (for the god-knows-how-many-times), I'm saying that personally 135mph isn't fast. Is my opinon wrong? Is expressing an opinion not allowed in Neowin's fourms? Is free speech banned? Damn, this is like 1984.

*sigh* There is just no getting through to people, sometimes Neowin makes me angry to the point where is actually physically hurts, seems it means nothing to be part of comunity and try to help as much as I can in the support forums, is this the user experience Neowin wants to give?

Looks like I'm probably heading for ban or something over this though, I will be supprised if I don't as least get a increased warning level. Hey, that'll take me to 80% just for contributing.

I am pretty sure an EVO 8 only has the gearing to do 160ish, i dont know maybe the one i got is defected......

They are electronically limited to 157mph in this country, you can with the right equipment take that restriction off, turning even a stock Evo 8 MR400 into a monster because it has a lot more to give than that top speed. I did say it was heavily modded, it pushes hell of a lot more than the 400BHP that it had at stock. Anyway, that car has been sold now.

Turning off the engine or hello, PUTTING THE CAR IN NUETRAL would work. :/

How coudl the operator not suggest any of these?

they did, but he couldnt get it into Nuetral, the gearbox was completely jammed

and also to the other poster "135 aint that fast", well it is very fast when your going down a motorway weaving in and out of heavy traffic trying not to hit anything!

http://www.acronymfinder.com

bookmarkworthy :)

my question is whats a 999 lady? 911?

what would have happend if the police thought it was an escaper? :D

were not all the same as America, our emergency services are 999, and he was in contact with the police the whole time

and also to the other poster "135 aint that fast", well it is very fast when your going down a motorway weaving in and out of heavy traffic trying not to hit anything!

Meh, say's he was on the hard shoulder so I presumed that he was okay. And he could still slow the car to 70mph, which is the legal speed limit and I think the road he was on was a 3 lane Motorway, he should have been okay. Anyway, I dunno, I wasn't there.

Edited by ollie_webbuk

Yeah because 130mph into a metal barrier would be a good idea. He'd bounce off and be completely out of control. Couple that with a lack of power steering and he's well and truly buggered.

The guy did exactly what he should have done. He did what the experts said, not what some average forum goers would hypothetically do.

I've been racing cars for nearly 20 years now, since I was 14 (and karting professionally since I was 7), so I have some idea about what I'm talking about.

You will only bounce off the barrier if you hit it at a wide angle. At a narrow angle, you will grind against it, which will stop you eventually.

Also, even if he had have started to steer towards it gently, switched off the ignition and had the misfortune to lock the steering the worst that would have happened would have been that he would have spun to a stop fairly quickly.

Some helpdesk assistant at the AA is hardly an expert, nor is the average police person sitting in a station.

Some helpdesk assistant at the AA is hardly an expert, nor is the average police person sitting in a station.

Exactly, I'd have called BMW in Germany and cried down the phone to them.

how the hell he had a speed of 130MPH when the legal limit does not surpass 65MPH? I mean this look strange to me

The legal limit in the UK on the road he was on is 70MPH. His car was out of control. Did you read the article?

that car was made in 1998, maybe that fact is true when the breaks are all new etc.. but these brakes could of needed replacing the week he crashed, i.e. didnt have much pad left...

The R reg car had 107,000 miles on the clock and had three months remaining on the MOT.

He still had 3 months remaining on the MOT. Judging from that, I'd think his brakes are still fine.

He still had 3 months remaining on the MOT. Judging from that, I'd think his brakes are still fine.

Nothing to do with that.

Brakes are never as good as when the car comes new from the factory, it's just the way it is, cars get worn out.

This car was warn out.

Nothing to do with that.

Brakes are never as good as when the car comes new from the factory, it's just the way it is, cars get worn out.

This car was warn out.

You're assuming hes still using the brakes from 1998, which i doubt.

Well done mate... five gold stars

I've been laughing for about 10 minutes on that comment. That has to be the funniest thing i've read in a while ;)