Your views on Myspace

Myspace views  

181 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about myspace?

• I use it lots it's great!
    • I have an account, but never use it.
    • I hate it!

Just wondering, what are your views on Myspace?

Please vote and post your comments, but please, no quoting and arguing with eachother.

Personally, from a lot of what I've seen, there's all these scene kids just putting all this n00by crap on their pages, bad music blaring in your ear with all these terrible colours and things, I dislike the interface extremely, thats my problem, and I'm aware other people use it, not just scene kids.

what about everyonelse's opinions? if you like it, why? if you hate it, why? I wanna know! :)

Edited by chimera963

this is strange.. was only thinking this morning i should start this thread lol, and im loggin in atm ;) - imo its alrite... cant say much more.

I love the site, it's a great way to keep in touch with friends you haven't seen in a few years. I think the only reason people hate it is because of what people do to their profiles, but they don't realize that for every person with a crappy profile, there's at least that hasn't altered theirs at all, myself included.

Wait, why is this in A Collection of Essential Guides? Wouldn't it fit more in Poll Station?

it's a great way to keep in touch with friends you haven't seen in a few years.

Surely one would use Instant Messenger or Email for that. :huh:

Surely one would use Instant Messenger or Email for that. :huh:

Think of it this way. I'm a freshman in high school right now, and I only know 3 or 4 people from my elementary school in high school now. When I left that school, I never bothered to get email addresses or screen names from them. Once I found Myspace, I can get out my yearbook and search for people's names and find their profile.

Simple as that. :)

Think of it this way. I'm a freshman in high school right now, and I only know 3 or 4 people from my elementary school in high school now. When I left that school, I never bothered to get email addresses or screen names from them. Once I found Myspace, I can get out my yearbook and search for people's names and find their profile.

Simple as that. :)

Aha, friend search.

I have a myspace but never use it. I just last night coincidentally started a Facebook account which is more college oriented so its a bit more "mature" than myspace. Also, non of that crap you can have on your personal pages.

personally I HATE it! i think it's a waste of time and space on the net... for all it is, it just seems like a waste of time to me... people are way too obsessed with it at times.

a reason lots of people hate it now too is because its owned by News Corp. aka Fox News aka Sky TV.. which a good number of people hate to start with because of their conserative bias... but that's just something ive noticed not my personal opinnion... I like fox news for news but commentary, i dislike...

a reason lots of people hate it now too is because its owned by News Corp. aka Fox News aka Sky TV..

I've never tried it, and if it's owned by Fox then I don't see me trying it anytime soon :shiftyninja: .

its retards gathering place, should be called myretardspace.com

:woot: Agreed! It's just annoying when people come up to you going "OMG LOOK AT MY MYSPACE..ITS NOT YOURSPACE ITS MINE!" Okok, so those aren't the exact words that someone would say, but what's the point of posting pics of yourself, and giving out your address to be sold? What is the point of that? So stupid. MySpace is like..a drug. It's stupid, even Stick Arena is more fun. Seriously..

I hate myspace. It was badly encoded and it's always looking like crap in either Firefox or Opera, It's place basically for n00b's who've now finally discovered the internet and don't know what the hell to do with themselves.

It's been the cause of concern to parent's do to the fact that pedophiles go searching through myspace for any kid that's out their and most kids now adays are so dumb they post just about everything from their actual names to their friggin birthdays.

Now if our going to say that I'm an idiot for believing that then fine. But I know for fact that it has happened and a girl I know got rapped and tortured by a pedophile cause she posted her name and everything else on myspace. She's recently deleted her myspace account but warns people about it and the dangers of it.

I personally say it should be banned from the internet forever cause of how retarded and evil it is.

i like it, as in a feel comfortable using it. i mean every once in a while i go up there and post a blog or two, and message my buddies and all.

i mean, to those of you who hate it, define 'waste of time' and 'waste of space'. if you try to apply your schedule over others, of course you wouldnt have much time to doze off and browse the internet, write blogs, read journals and everything. however, not everyone's living like you and people's conditions may vary. so for those of us myspace users, it's not exactly a waste of time because we do get something out of this network. you cant say it's a waste of OUR time, but it's perfectly legit to say you dont want to waste YOUR time on it. secondly, a waste of space is not true also. myspace generates a lot of profit with their ads and promotions for upcoming movies and band albums. if it makes money, then it's not a waste. of course, considering that YOU're not the one who's making the money, yea, it could be a 'waste of space'.

all and all, if you dont use it, please dont hate it. nobody is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to use myspace, it's the internet, there're pages that you dont go to, and there're pages that you go to everyday, like neowin. :)

about myspace with criminal activities, all i gotta say is, it happens everywhere, but the biggest issue is, people who dislike myspace will find articles about girls getting kidnapped after a meeting arranged on myspace and they do a red hearring (bad spelling and wrong term i think) on it, saying it's MYSPACE that got the girl kidnapped, in fact, myspace only provides the connection, but the decision making part still lies in us. i wouldnt easily choose to meet strangers off the net. remember the quote "guns dont kill people, I DO."?

a girl I know got rapped and tortured by a pedophile cause she posted her name and everything else on myspace. She's recently deleted her myspace account but warns people about it and the dangers of it.

Christ! That IS serious. She DID go to the police right?