[review] Panasonic RP-HT355 headphones

dscn07297yk.jpg

dscn07325si.jpg

dscn07338dg.jpg

INTRODUCTION

These headphones were only 30 dollars US. That was my main good point.

SPECS

Type: Closed

Driver: 40 mm

Resistance: 22 ohm

Sensitivity: 102 dB

RMS power: 100 mW

Peak: 1,000 mW

Freq response: 10 - 27,000 KHZ

Weight: 6.2 oz

SOUND

These headphones sound good. They are not very loud. I am not using

a headphone amplifier. This would be nice to use.

The soundfield is fairly neutral. Mids are rich. Bass is deep and thumps.

Highs are a bit soft. I listened to some Fiona Apple, Metallica, Mike Jones,

Maynard Fergueson. It all sounds good.

The main thing you can see that is great with these are the freq. response:

the bass really hits.

COMFORT

These are very comfortable. They are over ear headphones so they don't

sit on top of your ear but around your ear. This is good for long sits.

CONSTRUCTION

Good build quality. The muffs are soft and they don't put too mutch pressure

on your noggin but are nothing like a pair of AKG studio pros for comfort.

There is a rubber headband that is nice.

EXTRAS

Comes with a volume adjustment knob in-line and also a 1/4 inch jack adapter.

The phones are 2.5 mm w/o the adapter.

CONCLUSION

These are only 30 bucks from circuit city if in the USA. Quite a deal.

Btw good bass. Sounds great.

i just picked up a pair of sennheiser hd212's...they come pretty recommended as well.

how do these do with blocking out sounds/letting other sounds in?

The sennheisers were on sale too, forget which model.

The senns only were 20-18 KHz and these are 10-27 KHz, much better. The Senns were more expensive too at Circuit City.

These don't really let any sound in. They are not noise cancelling headphones.

I'm really liking them. The real kicker is they were only 30 bucks and have killer bass.

They aren't really that loud on full volume but don't know how much power my audio out port puts out in volts. ?

I bought these and I LOVE EM! Very comfy, very light and sounds great! I could wear them all day :)

p_triport_m_s.jpg

Info found here: http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_...eadphones_index

Cost me $200CDN plus tax, so about $215 with tax.

Those headphones are god awful. I own a pair, and bose truly do meet up to the what head-fi forum members say about them. If you are interested, I'll sell you my pair which have been used about 3 times for $100 Canadian dollars in real life (I live in Thornhill Ontario, we could meet up if you wouldn't mind the drive.) Now, if you don't want to feel ripped like I did a year later when I realised what true headphones are, go to www.head-fi.org. I have sennheiser hd595's (costed me $350 Canadian dollars, $400 after tax, but 10 times the quality of the bose triports and 100 times more comfertable), you can get them for $180 canadian dollars before tax on head-fi.org used, which is better then brand new (i'm just using these temporarily and using the return day period), before I go and buy a used pair to save $200, and get a pair of burned in headphones. That way, I get myself a headphone amp for the price difference, or a new soundcard.

Anyway, those panasonics are cheap, and I'de recommend grado sr-60's for the lowest end of headphones that are decent if your looking for a good pair that you'll love for a long time.

Those headphones are god awful. I own a pair, and bose truly do meet up to the what head-fi forum members say about them. If you are interested, I'll sell you my pair which have been used about 3 times for $100 Canadian dollars in real life (I live in Thornhill Ontario, we could meet up if you wouldn't mind the drive.) Now, if you don't want to feel ripped like I did a year later when I realised what true headphones are, go to www.head-fi.org. I have sennheiser hd595's (costed me $350 Canadian dollars, $400 after tax, but 10 times the quality of the bose triports and 100 times more comfertable), you can get them for $180 canadian dollars before tax on head-fi.org used, which is better then brand new (i'm just using these temporarily and using the return day period), before I go and buy a used pair to save $200, and get a pair of burned in headphones. That way, I get myself a headphone amp for the price difference, or a new soundcard.

Anyway, those panasonics are cheap, and I'de recommend grado sr-60's for the lowest end of headphones that are decent if your looking for a good pair that you'll love for a long time.

I never liked bose audio. Just a scam to rip off stupid rich people. :laugh:

Still sennheiser doesn't really impress me either. I would never pay 300 bucks for a set of cans.

These babies are only 30 bucks and I get my 10 Hz boom point. The 595s go up to 40 KHz so that's

nice. I read a study once that said higher Hz gives you more brain activation during listening,

though I doubt a single driver will not distort at full volume and **** up your sound field dB.

Plus the resistance is fairly low so you could use a low power amp to get good sound.

I used to have a pair of 300 ohm AKG studio monitor pros and they were garbage, one driver

failed after like 5 years. I was told I could get it repaired but I was like, no. Never buy AKG imo.

If I had to buy a super expensive set of cans in the future I wouldn't know what

vendor to choose.

?

Nice Review! :) I have a pair of them headphones and i love them, the killer bass is so cool!

When i got them they cost more that twice that price!

Have had them for over 5 years, being wearing them alot and they are still in one peice and sound great!

by the way mine are really loud, i can't put them on if the volume is up full! it might be your audio output!

I never liked bose audio. Just a scam to rip off stupid rich people. :laugh:

Still sennheiser doesn't really impress me either. I would never pay 300 bucks for a set of cans.

These babies are only 30 bucks and I get my 10 Hz boom point. The 595s go up to 40 KHz so that's

nice. I read a study once that said higher Hz gives you more brain activation during listening,

though I doubt a single driver will not distort at full volume and **** up your sound field dB.

Plus the resistance is fairly low so you could use a low power amp to get good sound.

I used to have a pair of 300 ohm AKG studio monitor pros and they were garbage, one driver

failed after like 5 years. I was told I could get it repaired but I was like, no. Never buy AKG imo.

If I had to buy a super expensive set of cans in the future I wouldn't know what

vendor to choose.

?

You can get a pair of the 580's for about 180 canadian, I am picking up mine used for 180 canadian Sunday (these were from a store at MSRP to try them out.) The low ohmerage is great, so your sound card is good enough and you don't need a headphone amp. I personally think that grado is great, even though i've never used them, I've read users who have their cheap 60-70 USD sr-60's and sr-80's, and they say those phones so fun, and they still constantly use them even though they have thousands of dollars in high end sennheisers and others.

Personally, I didn't understand the reason to buy high end headphones, and then have to buy a high end amp, sounds like it's going to cost me several hundred canadian for a headphone setup.