Design a logo for my website?

Question

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on a new site for my business venture in the local area, and am after some budding gfx designers.

The work will unfortunately be unpaid - I'm absolutely skint at the moment (hence this new venture!!), however if I like what you've done I have a number of clients who will be needing gfx work doing in the future - which will be paid. In the mean time, I can offer you free hosting for 12 months in return for what you come up with?

The site in question is Driffield Computing. I'd like the colour scheme to stay the same, I just need a replacement for the existing banner as that was something quick and simple - but I don't like it any more... :huh:

Any takers?

Ad

Thanks guys. While you're all working away, here's the package I'll give the winning artist:

500MB Webspace

10 GB Bandwidth per month

Unlimited subdomains / FTPs / Emails

10 MySQL DBs

cPanel Web Admin

Hundreds of add-on scripts

I'll keep this open for a week - contest closes 21 March @ 12 noon, GMT.

Look forward to seeing your entries!!

Here we go, let me know if you want any changes.

P.S each every and graphic is mine, nothing borrowed from anywhere, a true designer :cool:

526.jpeg

Edited by Mohsin Naqi

P.S each every and graphic is mine, nothing borrowed from anywhere, a true designer :cool:

526.jpeg

Wow! :woot: Definitely along the right lines of what I'm after - nice and clear and crisp. I'll need the image to be the same size as the existing one (500 x 80 px), and without the "Home :: Downloads..." etc bit on the bottom, as that is added on automatically.

Definitely a strong contender, thanks for that!

well heres what i knocked togetaher quickly

Driffield-Computing.gif

http://img7.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img7...d-Computing.gif

Nice, thanks! :woot:

Not 100% certain if I'm after something animated, but I'll give it a test run and see how it looks on the site once I've got all the entries in!

Ad

Hi Si,

It would I think. I want something that matches the theme of the site, so funky XP-style icons are in (as they are preloaded into the system). Will be interested in seeing what you can come up with!

Keep 'em coming, like I've said there's free hosting for 12 months, AND the promise of future GFx work once my business takes off (it will, I'm the only decent IT guy in the area!)

Ad

Wowsers - some great stuff coming in, thanks everyone for your hard work, I love what you've done so far!!

I can tell it's gonna be really difficult to decide the winner... shame I can't give any other prizes out :(

Keep 'em coming in!

Ad

heres my take on the logo, i took that little gif you have on your website with the guy banging his head on the keyboard, also the little driffield helping guy is blue and white since i think those are your town colors ( i googled Driffield :D )

driffieldcopy5bu.jpg

526.jpeg

This guy spretty good aint he? ;)

This one has my vote.

heres my take on the logo, i took that little gif you have on your website with the guy banging his head on the keyboard, also the little driffield helping guy is blue and white since i think those are your town colors ( i googled Driffield :D )

driffieldcopy5bu.jpg

They're in a weird position... :laugh: :laugh:

:woot: and even more submissions - thanks to everyone for your hard work so far!

I've already got a couple of personal favourites, but don't let that put you off submitting your entry.

Remember - ideal banner size should be 500 px (w) by 80 px (h).

Closing date is 21st March, I'll announce the winner around 12 noon GMT.

I'm just thinking about the wording of the banner subtext - I'd prefer it to read "Bringing a new era of Computer Support & Advice to Driffield" (but without the bold on the "era"). I'll give you all artistic license on that bit - have the subtext as something you think goes.

Thanks again to you all for pulling out all the stops on this, it's very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Ad

PS. LOVE the comments regarding the submission by hexago - great idea, nice bit of initiative re doing a search for Driff on t'internet - but he does look in a bit of a weird position... lol!!