Ipod pluggin for Musicmatch 7 for Windows!!!

Sorry, this is a bit un-mac related, but I thought someone in here might know. Ok, here's the deal. I have winxp and I'm going to get a super deal on a 10gig Ipod, but it is one of the originals, the Mac ones. I got a copy of XPlay, the third party software that makes it so you can use it with a PC. However, the new Windows Ipods come with Musicmatch 7.0 and the Ipod windows pluggin. Now, I have a full version of Musicmatch 7.2 pro and I really like it. I'd like to use it with my Ipod. If I go to add an mp3 player, it takes me to Musicmatch's pluggin site, but there is no Ipod pluggin. Does anyone know where I can get this pluggin!! I'm going crazy

A quick suggestion would be to see if there is a way of configuring MusicMatch 7.2 pro to use the MacDrive part of XPlay, so that MusicMatch see the Apple iPod firewire HFS formatted HD as a native system drive, so you can copy MP3 etc to and from this drive. Possiblly email MusicMatch and see what they say, or do a search on Google/Usenet to see if anyone else has had the same ideas...

I personally wish Apple would have developed an iTunes application for the PC by themselves (or like what they done with iTunes, went out a bought an application from another company which they promptly turned into iTunes!), with drivers for reading an Apple iPod HFS formatted firewire HD natively from within Windows, instead of handing the job over to MusicMatch and making the HD within the iPod FAT32, so it can be recognised by Windows...

My other thought would have been to make the HD unit within the iPod FAT32 across the board for both the Apple initial release of iPod and the later release of the Windows variant from the very start. Everyone and their dog knows how to read this type of file system (FAT32), would have provided better compatability (OS X I think knows how to read FAT32, I think!). Granted FAT32 has some minor drawbacks, but Apple would have gained an immediate and distinct advantage in the portable MP3 market, being that Windows AND Apple users could have used the same unit, you don't have TWO production runs and two formats of drives etc...

I'm seriously thinking of getting an iPod for Christmas, still debating whether to get a Windows or Apple iPod version, obviously i'll have to get a firewire port for my pc, but it's a decision on whether to use MusicMatch as my mp3 downloader etc (Ugh!), or use the other alternative programs that revolve around the Apple iPod version, MediaFour's XPlay, or EphPod, both cost a little ($29-39) but I think the cost would be worth it.

If anyone has a Windows iPod or an Apple iPod hooked up to their Windows PC, please post your comments or even screenies on it's use, would love to see your comments etc...

If anyone has a Windows iPod or an Apple iPod hooked up to their Windows PC, please post your comments or even screenies on it's use, would love to see your comments etc...
Here are some screenies.

MusicMatch has one of the most disgusting GUI's I have ever seen, but it works.

FYI, you can format a Mac iPod with FAT32 by using the Restore utility that comes with the Windows version.