'My Music' Shortcut in Start menu

Im kinda hoping this can be done...

All my music is stored on me E:\ Drive (Storage Drive) but the My Music shortcut from within the start menu still points to C:\My Document\My Music

When i right click the shortcut there is no option to change the loction (unless ive gone blind)

can i get this shortcut (or what ever is it) to point to E:\My Music instead of C:\My Documents/My Music

chears

ok here the answer.

Go to start > run type "regedit"

at top click edit > Find type "User Shell Folders" [Might take a while to search]

When it finds it on the right side you'll see a list look for my music.

Double click on it.

Type in the location of your music.

Press ok

Close regedit view the top X

[Don't put " " round words :p]

Renshaw

cool!

thankx bud i thought it might have to be a registry mod, im guessing its the same with my pictures are they are also stored on E:\

thankx again

EDIT:

Just gone to do this and there is no entry for 'My Music' but i did change 'My Pictures' to the E:\ location and it hasnt changed

You can use TweakUI to change the location of 'Special Folders'.

Launch TweakUI

Go to My Computer > Special Folders

Select the folder you want to change and click "Change Location"

You don't even need TweakUI to do this, or regedit. Just use Explorer to move the My Music folder wherever you want; it will update its location appropriately (Y)

You don't even need TweakUI to do this, or regedit. Just use Explorer to move the My Music folder wherever you want; it will update its location appropriately (Y)

I love that! The first time I found out about that I was like... whoaaa cool! Very nice feature.

Nice (Y)

Do you know if the same thing happens for all special folders?

My Pictures

My Videos

Favorites

etc...

Good tip but I didn't suggest that since Unimatrix Xero already had his music files at a different location.