Zelda to be Revolution Compatible

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1142444591

Rumor: Twilight Princess IS Revolution Compatible

3/15/2006, 12:43pm Eastern Time

Is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess going to be using Revolution's motion-sensitive controller or not? That's been the question for some weeks now, and the answer is a definitive "yes."

Probably. Apparently, the confirmation was given by Shigeru Miyamoto himself, after speaking with Nintendo-Europe, the company's official European website. Miyamoto gave the interview just after he was made an official French knight-- the first video game designer to be so honored-- along with colleagues Michel Ancel and Frederick Raynal.

The problem is no one can actually see the interview without being a Nintendo VIP, which is unfortunately only offered to European customers who have registered products or are subscribers to Official Nintendo Magazine. Right now, all reports are second- or third-hand. Miyamoto is quoted from the article on the GAF boards regarding Twilight Princess's status:

“I would say that we are progressing well with completing it. And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution, you can take advantage of the Revolution controller.”

This would seem to indicate that the title is being developed with Revolution compatibility in mind, but it's impossible to get concrete evidence at this time. Stick around for more as it becomes available.

The following websites are reporting the same.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148776

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=90564

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/n...4tNbEkTn3qUpzO0

The Nintendo Europe link is the the link to which he said it, BUT because you can only view the interview by being a NOE VIP member, this is complete rumor until we can get firm confirmation on it.

Quoted from MLP, posted on GAF.

Yep - this is all true - we weren't expecting Mr. Miyamoto to be quite so open in his interview answers during his visit - but it's great he's announcing these things, especially the Zelda/Revolution control - apparently you can use the wand as the string on the bow, pulling it back as you're riding epona with the analogue stick. Sounds good!!

I just logged-in to Nintendo-Europe's VIP site and yes, it does confirm this! I was more or less to be expected, but still nice to know :D

Edit: Attached a screen grab for those without Nintendo Europe VIP access.

post-104393-1142469024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spielo

As expected. Honestly, I can't wait. :)

I know many gamecube users are going to be riled up about it though due to the delay. But i'm sure they did some polishing and still are until fall arrives. It'll be worth it. ;)

i've had my suspicions about this for quite a while. as far as i can tell, this is the one reason for the delays too. it's been pushed back now what..... 3-4 times? the first one or two times were probably unintentional, and couldn't be helped. now i think they just have Revolution on the mind. why release a great looking game SOOO late in Gamecube's life.... shortly (i hope) before the release of Revolution, and not include Revolution features in it?

edit: GT, yes, they may be riled up, but i'm sure they (and me) won't care once it's released, or even before.

will be on my revolution console for sure when it comes out (both game and console) this will be my first console for around 10 years! looking forward to the fun games use to have being returned :)

i'm damn near guaranteeing it'll be a freakin BLAST on the revo controller. imagine it..... having an ACTUAL sword fight..... that's non-lethal..... and not retarded like fencing. it's SWEET!

Will the Revolution give a performance boost or will it be like emulating the game?

Nintendo are making all the right moves and it's good to see them make a come back :)

Nice move Nintendo. :yes:

But does this mean that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be _the_ killer launch title for the Nintendo Revolution? Or will they still try to bring out another huge game for launch, such as Super Mario or Smash Brothers?

from what i've read they are also trying to have the next installment of Smash Brothers be a launch, or shortly-after launch title.... don't remember when/where i read that though.

As for improvements on Revo over GC..... no clue. they barely released ANY info about the game.... let alone what it'll look like between the two consoles. Performance boost wouldn't really be a biggy anyway. even if there's none, there's still the Revo controller fun-ness.

i've had my suspicions about this for quite a while. as far as i can tell, this is the one reason for the delays too. it's been pushed back now what..... 3-4 times? the first one or two times were probably unintentional, and couldn't be helped. now i think they just have Revolution on the mind. why release a great looking game SOOO late in Gamecube's life.... shortly (i hope) before the release of Revolution, and not include Revolution features in it?

edit: GT, yes, they may be riled up, but i'm sure they (and me) won't care once it's released, or even before.

It was official delayed once in November 2005.