Revolution's REAL name

Revolution would be a cool name, but Nintendo will change it.

On the other hand, the DS was a codename that never got switched. But it's imo that Nintendo never intended the DS to be a smash hit. Just more of a niche gaming machine, and got kinda lucky. So I can see the reasoning behind not changing the name.

So what was Dolphin? The GameCube?

And I think the name is pretty much set as Revolution.. not a bad name really.

i do believe that was the codename for the gamecube :yes: but i have been wrong before lol.

all hail the amazing box of impending doom for those aposed to the people known as nintenians :D :laugh:

Nintendo = No codename, working title of "Nintendo Advance Video System"

SNES = No codename, working title of "Nintendo Super System"

N64 = Project Reality. Official name was Nintendo Ultra 64, was changed at the last minute to drop the "Ultra"

GameCube = Project Dolphin.

Nintendo DS = Nintendo DS (Developer's system, dual screen, etc). Official name = Nintendo Nitro. The DS title just stuck, and they decided to keep it instead of "Nitro." Hopefully they do the same with the Revolution.

Either that or "SUPER HAPPY FUN JOY BOX"

Nintendo DS = Nintendo DS (Developer's system, dual screen, etc). Official name = Nintendo Nitro. The DS title just stuck, and they decided to keep it instead of "Nitro." Hopefully they do the same with the Revolution.

Nitro was actually the system's first codename. It was in development back in the N64 days as a new Game Boy (one screen and all), but plans were shelved.

If you look on the product codes on the DS carts it actually says NTR, short for Nitro.

Oh cool, I did not know that.

I guess that explains the product codes on the GameCube hardware starting with DOL, short for Dolphin.

Nintendo RS, Nintendo Revolution, Nintendo 5, Nintendo Entertainment System are all viable titles.

I would think calling it the new NES would be awesome :D

thx for summarizing

:cool:

i read a long time ago (not sure if it was a concept) that the code name was Nexus and the official name is Revolution. i'm probably wrong though.

Nexus was just a fan mockup for a future Nintendo console. This was before anything was known about Revolution, including the Revolution codename.

Paladin69 at the IGN Boards made it if you really want to look it up.