A bad beach day + a digital camera

So I was out near Daytona Beach today with some friends and I decided to take my digital along, not knowing that it would be so darn windy. Well it got real windy and i happened to be trying to get up on a ledge when i hit my camera on it, and at first it kept on flashing lens error and i'm like "just great". I got it to work again but then whenever I turn it on/off and do optical zoom, I hear this crunching sound from the lens retracting/protruding. The zoom works fine but I'm wondering if this is going to be the slow and eventual death of my camera?

Nikon E/Coolpix 3200, about year and half old now i think?

Thanks to all.

How much would the service cost, to get it cleaned? <~$75 would be fine, but any more and I'd probably get a new camera.

speaking of which...what happened to those thin 3MP canons that were released last year? I don't see them on Amazon anymore...only new ones released within past three months..

How much would the service cost, to get it cleaned? <~$75 would be fine, but any more and I'd probably get a new camera.

speaking of which...what happened to those thin 3MP canons that were released last year? I don't see them on Amazon anymore...only new ones released within past three months..

see if you can find a local "ebay" where you live. You can find them there I would guess