Wireless internet question

I am currently connected to the internet through a cable modem. I want to share my internet connection with 2 other computers (a pc and a laptop (windows based)) in the apartment. However the only way it works on the windows based PC's is if I don't have WEP security on it. I don't want to have an unsecured wireless connection, as anyone can see it and use it. How do I enable wep security?

I'm using a mac mini with airport, bluetooth etc..

how old is your wireless card. there is really no good reason you shouldn't be able to use WEP on the windows machines. what components are in your setup? are you using the mini to serve wireless or do you have a wireless router?

I'm using the mini to serve wireless, the wireless cards for the pc is brand new, and the laptop has wireless built in. It never finds the internet connection even though it says it's connected.

Well, you could always just use a MAC filter and only allow your three computers access.

MAC filtering is not secure. It is drop dead simple to spoof a MAC address if someone wanted to.

^LOL

Well, I have an apartment, I guess it's not that serious.I see wireless networks in range on my computer, however, they are secure and password protected, I want to have that same security on my wireless network. Sometimes the PC's go incredibly slow (internet wise) and I'm assuming because other people are connected to my network.

i heard that for wep u needed to include the $ sign before you enter the code or something like that

You are probably entering the WEP code into Windows as the pass-phrase, unlike in OS X Windows will not automatically generate the HEX code.

You will need to obtain the HEX of the WEP pass-phrase and enter that into your Windows machine.