Enamel Navy DS Lite

Training come my way! Phew, what a lineup. I've got GRAW, Oblivion and Battlefield II coming up on the 360 as well, I may well have to quit my job...

what the hell is your job...I need to come over to the UK and start working at your place, and then I might be able to get all the stuff you have :)

The brightness has increased a lot.

Makes me want to go and get a Lite when it comes out here, trying to play the DS in full sunlight on the train to college is difficult.

isn't the psp pretty bright though? it hurts my eyes in the dark. do you know the numbers for comparison? i thought it would've been something else besides brightness that helps make it so visible.

I've sold my PSPs, but there's plenty of comparison pics around the net. The result is always DS lite screens on max is brighter than PSP screens on max. It's not just the brightness though, it must be different screen tech because it doesn't fade in daylight.

This is a shot of it on my desk this morning, just below the window. I'm not heading out to take photos cause it's freezing :p

DSLite014.jpg

Buttons are nice, the A, B, X, Y buttons are kinda small but they haven't annoyed me yet. As for powersliding in Mario Kart, I don't know if it's because I was playing lying down with the DS above my head in mid air but I was playing for an hour or 2 yesterday and my hands killed. I'll give it a "normal" try today.

Edited by Dazzla

Well in my opinion Metroid is better with the stylus anyway.

As for the others, I guess Nintendo has no intentions of using the touch screen as an analog stick ever again.

I'm spoiled by it already. I may just use the strap from my old DS for the lite, or at least get new ones.

I hate the fact that when you want to play a GBA game, when you put the cartridge in it sticks out almost a full 2 centimeters or so :angry:

I have a lot of GBA games left to play and I hope that this doesn't bother me.

I can't say I find it's appearance very appealing. :/

/me agrees :no:

And, no offence Dazzla, but you?re 23?!? They should put some kind of age limit on those things?:unsure:ure:

/me agrees :no:

And, no offence Dazzla, but you?re 23?!? They should put some kind of age limit on those things?:unsure:ure:

Jesus that's pathetic, the average age for someone who plays videogames is now 30. Are you that concerned about what people think about you that you'd be too scared to play games? From your post you sound like a really cool 13 year old. The nice "Winblows" under your avatar gives away your mental age as well, go play some grown up stuff and leave the kiddie games to me.

Jesus that's pathetic, the average age for someone who plays videogames is now 30. Are you that concerned about what people think about you that you'd be too scared to play games? From your post you sound like a really cool 13 year old. The nice "Winblows" under your avatar gives away your mental age as well, go play some grown up stuff and leave the kiddie games to me.

Owned?

:laugh: :rofl:

Go get em, Dazzla. I'm 22, and I have no shame in saying that I have a nice, crisp $100 bill that I will be using to buy Metroid Prime Hunters and Tetris DS tomorrow.

Dazzla,

One thing I can't recall you mentioning; does the fact that the GBA carts stick out annoy you? I would assume that it doesn't, but you never know. Also, is the DS Lite a lot more comfortable too hold? The original DS was far too top heavy, IMO.

Off Topic:

I'm 21 and I love playing games in my leisure so I suggest you keep your narrow-minded comments to yourself, Seriously why do you care how old he is?

"Z0MFG UR t00 YUNG T0 B33H 0N NE0W1N 0R T3H 1NT3RWAB"

Putting an age limit on something in most cases is unfair and just being plain judgemental.

On Topic:

Well firstly, Great review Dazzla :D I love the DS-Lite and how it reallly has been refined in many areas but... I don't like the colour :p

Damn. I was going to get a regular DS and Metroid Prime:Hunters(if its out then) on the weekend but now that I saw this I want to get the DS Lite. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can get it cheap?

Damn. I was going to get a regular DS and Metroid Prime:Hunters(if its out then) on the weekend but now that I saw this I want to get the DS Lite. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can get it cheap?

It depends on what you mean cheap.... The least expensive DS Lites on the Net are around $200 US....however, you could spend $100 more and get it faster....

Damn. Ill just wait until it comes out in North America. Anyways, are there any ergonomical differences between the DS and DS Lite?