Looking for modest replacement camera

Okay. I have a Budget of around 200 dollars. Pretty much I have to stay modest. This Digital Camera is for my parents who use the camera casually. They have been using a Kodak EasyShare CX6230 for a few years and loved it (except for they have to relearn the controls every time they pick it up, they are like that with everything, computers and email, cameras and TV?s).

I "had a boo boo" and broke their camera recently (ugh). The only thing my parents were "slightly unhappy" about with their digital camera experience was how inside pictures (like at weddings and receptions especially) would sometimes not look right because of the poor lighting. But that was only a small hitch that they were able to get over, and usually they would only take a few pictures there anyway, so no harm done. Regardless if possible with the budget I would like something that gets better pictures in bad lighting.

I have done a lot of research and found great reviews on the Cannon Powershot A610 5MP, sounds much better than that 2 MP they had all this time. It's about 230, which I can deal breaking my budget for about 30 bucks for a better camera. But I won't go much, if any higher than that.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. My buddy Charlie says that Nikon and Cannon tend to be the best and Sony not so good. In my opinion the brand does have a lot to do with it, but more precisely the model. All brands have good and bad ones. I love the new Sony Camera with a touch screen that I may buy for myself one day, my buddy just got one, but I hate Sony Memory lol.

Well anyway. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated. I'm probably going with the 610. If you have any better suggestions for a 200 dollar budget they would be greatly appreciated.

The 610 is an awsome camera with many good users reviews. The 610 has been announced the same day with his brother 620 that has 2MP more (so 7). I have nothing bad to say about canon point and shoot camera. I like them more than nikon P&S and I like Nikon SLR more than Canon but this all personnal preference.

I say if you can have it that cheep then go for it without hesitations. Where I live, I don't eveh have the 530 at that price.